Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm actually starting to get into my engine compartment. The valve covers were powder coated in a black wrinkle finish to match the saleen s/c. I really couldn't stand the cheesy raw aluminum finish from the factory .

Also have an interior shot w/the UPR pedal protectors for the automatic
Comments welcome ! :wavey

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/149880e00.jpg

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/149b80e00.jpg

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/149c80e00.jpg

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/149a80e00.jpg

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/149f80e00.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like it!

·
Registered
329 Posts
i don't know what im supposed to be looking at:help:, but the engine compartment looks nice with the saleen supercharger

·
Registered
767 Posts
They look nice man! That finish matches the SC pretty well.

(just FYI, the cam covers are not "raw aluminum", they are magnesium )

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
199 said:
i don't know what im supposed to be looking at:help:, but the engine compartment looks nice with the saleen supercharger
LOL that's OK :kooky:
I had the factory raw aluminum factory valve covers pulled off & had them powder coated with a black wrinkle finish to match the Supercharger. You have to see the motor with the stock raw aluminum valve covers to appreciate the difference.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Those covers look great with the Saleen supercharger. Great choice!:thumbsup

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hawgman said:
They look nice man! That finish matches the SC pretty well.

(just FYI, the cam covers are not "raw aluminum", they are magnesium )
Oops my bad :dunce: , whatever they are , I thought the finish looked cheap . Plus they seem to oxidize over time :thumbdown ...but thanks for clearing that up :yup:

PS here's a shot w/ the old finish
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/data/500/S82.jpg

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sonny1213 said:
Nice, did you do the install? Do you like the results?
No I had PSP (Power Surge Performance) do the labor removing the covers cause I had blown a belt & needed a new tensioner anyway. I love the results. It really ties in the motor & gives it a beefy wider stance , sort of like a Hemi or the old Boss 429. Having a White engine compartment really helps enhance the effect . If you have a dark color in the engine bay, Black could get lost. The powder coating should be much more durable than paint & won't retain heat like a chrome finish. Once I get some polished stainless JBA Long tube headers, it will really kick some ass uner the hood . :eyepoppin

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like the painted valve covers. The first thing my father said when he saw my 06 in the daylight was how cheesy the stock covers were. I took some metal/chrome polish to mine, and it helped, but the shine fades pretty quick. I like the painted idea, and now just to figure out what color will look good in my Black engine compartment.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Black06 said:
I like the painted valve covers. The first thing my father said when he saw my 06 in the daylight was how cheesy the stock covers were. I took some metal/chrome polish to mine, and it helped, but the shine fades pretty quick. I like the painted idea, and now just to figure out what color will look good in my Black engine compartment.
Hey thanks to all for the comments :smoke:

For a Black Engine Bay .....not knowing your interior color but you could do something like a two tone Black & Red Plenum Cover & do the covers in red for example ...All kindsa colors would look cool against black :eyepoppin

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ford is now offering different finishes on the valve covers for the 05 & 06 GTs. Black crinkle, satin and chrome. Not too expensive. Now...what to do with all my spare parts...valve covers, exhaust, stock air box...etc...lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry...Blue, Black, Silver and original finish. No chrome yet.

·
Registered
332 Posts
roboz said:
I'm actually starting to get into my engine compartment. The valve covers were powder coated in a black wrinkle finish to match the saleen s/c. I really couldn't stand the cheesy raw aluminum finish from the factory .
I see you have your Fuel Pressure Transducer going to your brake booster vacuum. We've had this big discussion elsewhere and per Saleens instructions and confirmed by JDM Engineering , the FP Transducer should be going to the port on the left side (drivers) just by the rear fuel rail hold down bolt and the By-Pass Vavle Actuator splices into the brake booster vacuum line.

JDM say when the Transducer see's boost the PCM adds fuel pressure. Ther other way, everyone has found the the fuel pressure drops in the upper RPM ranges.

edit: Just looked at your second pic. The By-Pass hose is how it came from Saleen on mine as well. My install book is the latest edition according to Andrew at Saleen and on page 45 it says to connect to 3/8" vacuum hose that runs from the brake booster to the intake.

Page 44 instructs you to disconnect FP Transducer from factory Tee and connect to vacuum/boost port above fuel rail on drivers side.

And of couese you know about adjusting the By-Pass valve....

Other than that I like the valve covers, I want to do mine in 'Old Ford Blue' wrinkle finish. I just didn't know they did powder coat wrinkle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow. That looks great. Man, its the little things that you can do to this car that makes it look so much better.

Pedals look sweet too.

·
Registered
191 Posts
valve covers look awesome....s/c looks kickazz tooo......how do you like it??????? i can't decide between salleen and kenne bell......have you had it on a dyno yet?????:cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have been debating on what to do with mine with the blackrouscharger on. I've seen some that were chrome, or white.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.