Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had the master cylinder replaced in my 1965 Mustang. It corrected the brake fluid leak but my power brakes did not return. With further investigation, the mechanic determined that my booster is inoperable. While it appears standard to purchase the master cylinder on its own, it seems difficult to find a booster on its own. My only option appears to be pulling my existing booster and having it refurbished. It's not cheap to do not to mention the turn around time. Any other suggestions out there?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
What booster brand do you have? Bendix, aftermarket? you may have to post a pic or find one similar on fleabay, mustangs unlimited website, etc. and post a link for suggestions. There are a few different brands/manuf.
Jon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jon, Not sure the brand.....looks original. There is a company not far from me who refurbishes boosters and after speaking with a local mechanic whom I trust, it does indicate that the booster has to be replaced or refurbished. After doing some extensive comparisons, it looks like refurbishing is going to be the road to go down. Thanks for your reply!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts