Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys, first post on here as the 5.0 finally stumped me. iv got all the bolt ons minus supercharger. i dont have wheel wells, and i have the intake pipe that comes out by the front tire. today it started raining and as u can imagine my filter got pretty wet. at one point my car started surging, the check engine light went on and it turned off on me. i waited awhile and dried off the filter as best i could. i started the car, let it idle gave it some quick revs (rocky at first but cleared up) and went on my way again, but without my power breaks working. there is also a vacume type noise i can hear from inside the car, and the idle is off.

any help is much appreciated and needed.

thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
start checkin lines and brake booster and the calipers and wheel cylinders for leaks

·
Registered
525 Posts
Sounds like you answered it yourself, check your vacuum lines. Start at the back of your intake manifold, follow the biggest tube to the 'tree' on your firewall where it splits off to everything else; brake booster, emissions valves & solenoids, reservoirs, dashboard hvac controls etc. Vacuum lines can be some of the most frustrating. Still having probs go borrow yourself a vacuum gauge from a auto parts store. Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would this just be coincidence that the breaks when out, or did the series of events contribute to this outcome?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Your power break booster is powered by your manifold vacuum, so if you lost enough vacuum your break system would feel significantly weaker under your foot. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found the culprit...iv got a double fitting under my intake manifold, seems like a plug was on the other end and came off. i plugged it back up and the car went back to running fine, minus my new issue.

thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.