Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to your group and I have a question; 06 mustang GT convertible drivers side window; won’t bump down to let you out of the car and when it does , with the door open it goes up and down half a dozen times and then stops in the full up position ( passenger side works perfect ) I have tried re initialization that did nothing, tried holding the window switch in the up and down position for five seconds each. This is really frustrating anyone have any ideas to my dilemma in advance thanks Rickity.

·
Super Moderator
2,567 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
10,002 Posts
my windows do strange things sometimes too -- like turning around and going back up when they are supposed to be going down . . . but it only happens sometimes, usually they behave like they should . . . I think this is a common issue

usually the "fix" is to do the reset procedure, but you already did that . . . if that does not work, I'm guessing it is something in the controller that is flaky

like any other computer, it might need a good slap to come back to its senses . . . meaning, a reboot . . . might be worth a try to disconnect the battery for a while, they say 20 minutes is long enough . . . but be aware that you might lose some things, like the mileage counter data and maybe radio presets

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my windows do strange things sometimes too -- like turning around and going back up when they are supposed to be going down . . . but it only happens sometimes, usually they behave like they should . . . I think this is a common issue

usually the "fix" is to do the reset procedure, but you already did that . . . if that does not work, I'm guessing it is something in the controller that is flaky

like any other computer, it might need a good slap to come back to its senses . . . meaning, a reboot . . . might be worth a try to disconnect the battery for a while, they say 20 minutes is long enough . . . but be aware that you might lose some things, like the mileage counter data and maybe radio presets
Thanks for getting back to me I have tried the battery disconnect but I’ll give it another go cheers Rickity.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I’m new to your group and I have a question; 06 mustang GT convertible drivers side window; won’t bump down to let you out of the car and when it does , with the door open it goes up and down half a dozen times and then stops in the full up position ( passenger side works perfect ) I have tried re initialization that did nothing, tried holding the window switch in the up and down position for five seconds each. This is really frustrating anyone have any ideas to my dilemma in advance thanks Rickity.
Check the wiring, could have a short somewhere
For it to work intermittently

1 - 5 of 5 Posts