Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Mustang V6
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry guys, looks like I posted on the wrong thread. If there's a way to move it to the correct one please let me know.

Hi everyone, I got a 2010 Mustang V6 with under 70K. The windows suddenly stopped working along with the door locks, parking brake and radio. The radio does turn on and displays "000000", but that's all. The key fob does not work, the A/C is not working, the parking brake will not release and I'm getting an Advancetrac message on the dash. I know one or more TPS sensors are not working, I've already replace one. The car turns on but due to the parking brake not releasing I can not shift into drive. I can let the brake lever down, but they will not release and the brake light stays on. On the dash I got a tire pressure, traction control (won't turn off) and the parking brake lights on. Any suggestions or ideas as to what's going on?

·
Administrator
8,160 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting, please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

Someone will be along shortly with advice.

·
Tech Advisor
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
4,807 Posts
Hi everyone, I got a 2010 Mustang V6 with under 70K. The windows suddenly stopped working along with the door locks, parking brake and radio. The radio does turn on and displays "000000", but that's all. The key fob does not work, the A/C is not working, the parking brake will not release and I'm getting an Advancetrac message on the dash. I know one or more TPS sensors are not working, I've already replace one. The car turns on but due to the parking brake not releasing I can not shift into drive. I can let the brake lever down, but they will not release and the brake light stays on. On the dash I got a tire pressure, traction control (won't turn off) and the parking brake lights on. Any suggestions or ideas as to what's going on?
Your parking brake isn't electronic. It's a standard cable actuated emergency brake so that issue would not be tied to any of your other electrical issues. My guess is that the cable is seized or a caliper is seized up. You should call a mobile mechanic to come unseize the cable for you if you can't do it to save yourself the cost of a tow somewhere.
As far as all the other electric issues go if you have low voltage from an old battery in the car or a bad alternator not charging the battery then you will often get multiple electrical gremlins. The radio and windows are usually the first things to stop working when voltage is low. Have your battery checked for voltage and how old it is. There will be a date code on it and it should have at least 12.6v if it's healthy and the alternator is working. You can have the alternator checked at any auto parts store but if you have a multimeter or voltage tester you can easily do it yourself. Put the red tester probe on the back of the alternator on the charging post and then put the black probe on a good solid clean ground like a bare metal engine bracket. With the engine running it should be about 13.5-14.5v.
When you say TPS sensors do you mean ABS sensors? A bad ABS sensor would explain the Advancetrac light being on but weak system voltage can also cause that light to come on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts