Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received my GT power outlet cover today from MGW LTD. I must say it is a show quality piece and an enormous improvement over the stock power outlet cover. So I say "Thank You" to whoever had the site posted a week or so ago. For those of you that are interested here is the MGW LTD link for the power covers:

www.mgwltd.com/mustang2005_power_outlet_plug.html

I also attached a picture --- not the best pic ---I found it hard to take.

Dave
:shiny:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I ordered the Pony one for my car, and you are correct, it is of great quality.

Makes a noticable improvement over the factory cover.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I want to get one but the $8 for shipping seems a bit high. I am going to look around for a while, but will probably get the pony one.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
HP TQ ET #'s ??? :dunce: LOL, cracking myself up! :tongue

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've had some of the MGW stuff on my car for a while, their stuff is top notch! I have the door pins, the coat hanger kit, the pony plug (I've actually ordered- two the old style and now the new one) the chrome A/C knobs, and I just got the radio knob last week.

Pictures-

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Help!

azlitigator said:
I've had some of the MGW stuff on my car for a while, their stuff is top notch! I have the door pins, the coat hanger kit, the pony plug (I've actually ordered- two the old style and now the new one) the chrome A/C knobs, and I just got the radio knob last week.

Pictures-
You are obsessed!:grinroll:
BTW, love my avitar, thanks again:strut

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
chuckbrr said:
I want to get one but the $8 for shipping seems a bit high. I am going to look around for a while, but will probably get the pony one.
I gained 1 RWHP w/ this added plug :grinroll:

·
Registered
111 Posts
rickman said:
You are obsessed!:grinroll:
BTW, love my avitar, thanks again:strut
I know, I'm searching for a 12 step program :winks

No problem on the avatar, I was glad to be helpful!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought the "eject" cover and it looks great. I also ordered their satin a/c knobs and the coat hangers. If you purchase all the items at once it is still 8 bucks for shipping so it makes it not so irritating. My original plug got sucked up in the car wash vacuum and I wound up paying $8.50 at my local Ford dealer for another one. Needless to say the Ford plug is in its plastic bag in the glove compartment. I'd like to see if the vacuum at the car wash can suck up the eject button. Not likely.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yossarian said:
I have the light graphite interior with IUP. Knowing that, would you recommend the silver or chrome finish?
Probably the satin would look better with the IUP. I have the light graphite with the IUP lite and I chose the chrome to accent the vent rings. I think if I had the whole IUP I'd have gotten the satin finish. Just my 2 cents.
:shrug

·
Registered
29 Posts
sonny1213 said:
I gained 1 RWHP w/ this added plug :grinroll:
Well, I don't think I need any more HP. :nogrinner

·
Registered
186 Posts
azlitigator said:

Pictures-
I have the 05 GT plug myself, but before they made it 2 tone, I have been seriously considering ordering the new one, I think it blends much more with the dash, although with the IUP the old one isnt too bad either. In the photo you can also see the UPR round knobs, which I have gotten rid of, didn't like them at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got the outlet plug and the Billet AC (satin) knobs a couple of months ago. The AC knobs fit great, but the outlet plug is tighter than a nun's c*nt! Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
186 Posts
MMV_GT said:
I got the outlet plug and the Billet AC (satin) knobs a couple of months ago. The AC knobs fit great, but the outlet plug is tighter than a nun's c*nt! Anyone else have this problem?
Mine was super super tight, thought I was going to rip my dash off once when taking it out. I was about to throw it out and go back to the stock plastic cover. I looked at mine and one of the 2 "O" rings was a little thicker than the other, figured what the heck, so I cut off the thicker one. It stays in fine still and is easy to get out as well. Not sure if its because of just having the 1 o-ring instead of 2, or because the one remaining is worn down alittle more.:D
BTW the one remaining is the one near the end that goes into the outlet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep, those things are snug to say it mildly!!! I liked the previous style pony plug alot, I just think the new ones blends better with the dash and the other MGW stuff I have.

Pictures of the old style and the new one-

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
dekujala said:
Mine was super super tight, thought I was going to rip my dash off once when taking it out. I was about to throw it out and go back to the stock plastic cover. I looked at mine and one of the 2 "O" rings was a little thicker than the other, figured what the heck, so I cut off the thicker one. It stays in fine still and is easy to get out as well. Not sure if its because of just having the 1 o-ring instead of 2, or because the one remaining is worn down alittle more.:D
BTW the one remaining is the one near the end that goes into the outlet.
Good idea! I just popped off one of the o-rings. It works much better now... Now I can actually pull it out of the dash without accidentally reseting the trip odometer or toggling the TCS!

·
Registered
78 Posts
azlitigator said:
Yep, those things are snug to say it mildly!!! I liked the previous style pony plug alot, I just think the new ones blends better with the dash and the other MGW stuff I have.

Pictures of the old style and the new one-
Which is the new one and which is the old one? I like the one thats all silver. TIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks good but....

All those plugs look good but I'm going one step further...How? well let me explain, I found a kit for $99 plus shipping to convert the power outlet to a PUSH BUTTON start ! ! Just insert your key,Turn to the "RUN" position and push the big red button labeled "START" And enjoy. YEEEE HAAWWW!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.