Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, as part of my graduation present, my parents got me a Craftsman 6" sander/buffer. Well, I want to use it to sand down my engine bay to finish preparing it, but I am stuck. It is made so that the rubber backing pad threads onto the sander, then you put a pad on, and then it has a round nut that holds them on. Well, every Sears and tools dealer I have looked at are sold out of the 6" disks with a single hole in the center. So I was wondering, can I use the adhesive backed sanding disks, or do I need to keep searching for my sanding disks? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Buy regular sand paper, cut it into a circle. Put a washer on each side of it, bolt it on. Much cheaper and works just as good ;)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Places like MSC and McMaster-Carr will have the sanding disks you're looking for. Local hardware and Home Depot/Lowes/Sears will have stick on 6" pads without the hole in the center, but you can add that.

I suggest getting a wire brush, it will get in areas easier, although it's designed for a 4.5" grinder it will work with your 6" just running slower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.