Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
Shoulder surgery has got me thinking about installing power steering to my '66 GT. Do you think it will affect value? Increase? Decrease? No difference?

Thanks!
Don W.
Connellsville PA.

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
To a purist it could slightly devalue the car if everything else is original or restored to original configuration.

Truly, its a toss up on the value. But if that is needed to be able to continue driving it, I would install power steering in a nanosecond.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I put in 67 442 I owned back in the day. It didn't hurt the value but made it much easier to drive. If it let's you drive the car, install it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
982 Posts
I would encourage you to install the Power steering kit. I used Borgeson Power Steering Conversion Kit. But, I am not a purest. I have a driver and not a show queen. I recommend this ki, it is available from CJ Pony, Summit and Amazon as well as other retailers.
Joe

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Keep all the parts that you took off and put them in a labeled box, to go with the next owner.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
The power steering is a bolt on item... for someone who wants a car with PS they will pay more, for those who don't or a purist, they wont want the car at all.... but IMHo it really should not effect the value at all because it is a bolt on type item, meaning it can easily be put back to what it was...just keep all the parts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I'm just going to echo what everyone else says: When it comes to sale value, unless it's a Shelby or something crazy, putting the power steering on is not likely to change resale value one iota. But for anyone that actually drives the car, it's likely to make a positive difference. With sticky, wide, modern radial tires, it does take more effort to turn the wheel in these cars, so it's nice to have. Just make sure you give the car a proper alignment and add some more caster after you finish, to help with return-to-center as you drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts