Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rented the tool to remove the power steering pump pulley and after i powder coat the housing and pulley im gonna put back on. The tool did not come with any instructions. Need help please.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
To remove the pulley you need to use the part with the threaded stud and 2 half shell (1st attachment).

Put the threaded stud into the center of the pulley and then put the half shells together around the outside nub of the PS pulley (attachment 2) This is just how one of the shell is place on the threaded stud you'll need to do both.

The last attachment might give you an idea of what I'm trying to say .

·
Registered
10 Posts
The kit should have a threaded stud that screws into the center of the pulley hub. Screw it in then place the pulley over the hub. there should also be a nut that screws down onto the threaded stud to press the pulley back on. If you don't have these items you can't do it correctly. take the pump,pulley and puller you rented to the place you rented it and see if they can find the missing parts and help you out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The center of my shaft has a hex end instead of threads. I looked at another one and it has the hex built in the shaft also?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts