Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 94 mustang it is a 3.8l but I only paid $100.00 for it. My question is what is the ideal engine to swap into it? 7.5 too big/?

R

·
0 Posts
A carbed 351w would be the easiest and most practical swap. You are still going to need special headers and oil pan to fit one but, a decently built 351w will put down all the power you need in a street car.

·
Registered
483 Posts
LOL, might be a tad front-heavy in the Mustang. And you will probably go through your 15 gallon gas tank in about 85 miles...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Start doing lots and lots of research before asking questions. your best bet would be to just swap in a 351 because its almost identical to the 302 which would have been the factory V8 for that year. and you can use all of the supporting components from a 302.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
You can build a BBF and by mistake make over 500 HP...... 351's take a little more planning.....

Just saying....

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can build a BBF and by mistake make over 500 HP...... 351's take a little more planning.....

Just saying....
You can build a V6 to make that much and spend less money on the swap.

Talk to your insurance company. Technically anything other than the same year or newer engine into that car is illegal - and chances are it won't be street legal or covered on your policy.

A BBF is just a boat anchor in the front of the car. It sounds cool on paper, but when you look at the big picture it's working against yourself.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Yeah a boat anchor..... right lol

Why would it be working against you? Depending on the goals of the car, it could very much be working for you.... a BBF can make a lot of power, and I mean A LOT of power and still be fully streetable.

All depends on what you want.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
You can build a V6 to make that much and spend less money on the swap.
No you cant...

Talk to your insurance company. Technically anything other than the same year or newer engine into that car is illegal - and chances are it won't be street legal or covered on your policy.
That all depends on his state laws and how he registers the car...

A BBF is just a boat anchor in the front of the car. It sounds cool on paper, but when you look at the big picture it's working against yourself.
and modifying a V6 in a mustang is just gay. and kindof like racing in the special olympics.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
No you cant...

and modifying a V6 in a mustang is just gay. and kindof like racing in the special olympics.
you're in the wrong forum with an opinion like that...

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
$100 for the whole car... it must be a pile. Is the 7.5 you speak of is free too? I'm guessing this is budget build?

No need for 500 to the wheels for a weekend cruiser. A 302 with decent low budget parts will have plenty of power for a cruiser.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
No you cant...

Wow.... Glad to see the V8 dickheads are still roaming around trying to pick a fight..... If you honestly have that "thought" go ***** about it to someone else we really don't care to hear it

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Settle down David, he's just mad he can't troubleshoot his own car, let alone modify it. Your V6 makes more power than his new V8 anyways.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Settle down David, he's just mad he can't troubleshoot his own car, let alone modify it. Your V6 makes more power than his new V8 anyways.
Haha that's funny, but honestly I'm not really mad, just annoyed people bash like that.... It's almost as bad as vash in the kill section lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts