Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mustang drivers side window stopped working and i was looking at the switch,how do you take the switch apart? Cant seem to figure it out.Thanks!

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
it's much more likely that the problem is the window motor itself, not the switch. However, a good electronics shop can test it before you start buying parts. (feed the window motor some voltage to see if it runs)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just had this same problem. I did some searching and found out that if you give the window motor itself a bit of a whack while you are pushing the switch it will usualy get it going. I did it the other night and got my window working again. however this usually means that the motor is going bad and will need to be replaced as this is just a temporary fix.

-edit: I assume the pass side works? (if not then check the fuse under the dash) Also can you hear the motor click or make any noise when you hit the button? (if so that means that you have power going to it and it is the motor going bad.)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it started working again today after i messed with the switch,have a feeling the motor is going :sosad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts