Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power window on the passenger side squeals really loud going up AND down on my 02 GT. anybody else have this problem? :sosad:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah man, i got the same thing going on with my 02gt drivers side. Sounds to me like the rubber is misaligned.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My 02 and my buddy's 02 both squeal on the driver side window.

M

·
0 Posts
I just took silicon spray and sprayed it down in the window track near the mach 460 speaker. It takes away the squeal for a few months.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My car does the passenger side squeal as well. Also an '02. I also wonder if this is limited to '02's? I'd like to find a permanent fix.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Try a petrolium product rather than a silicon based product. Make sure there is no glass scratching going on too. A little scratching can eventually lead to a lotta scratching.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
My 02 did it but I had it fixed while it was still under warranty. Don't know what they did to fix it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
its not limited to 02's my 01 does it but only when its cold outside now I do have after market tint but like I said it does it when the weather changes.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Storkdork,

A hi-pitch squealing sometime coms fron dirt, sepecially sand between the wheater stripe and the window.
One single grain of sand can do all this horrible noise.
Solution:
Roll down your windows and clean that rubber wheater stripe on top of the door. This works best with compressed air.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tried the air thing... didn't seem to help, gonna take the door panel off and see what the problem is for a PERMANENT fix.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah my 03 just started doing it the other day. Going to have to take the panel off also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.