Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took apart my Door panels and took out my window motors and the regulator. Before i took those out my windows just stopped working . One didnt work before and the 3 others just stopped working one day. I checked the fuse panel to my left of the steering wheel, all good. Is there any other way to see if the wires are all good and working. I live in Arizona and the heat sucks.(103 degrees) today i think. and i dont have a/c. But thats another story. Any one have schematics or has happened to you. any help appreciated

and another thing how do i check if the motors i have now work at all.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Are you saying you have 4 windows?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sorry i didnt fully explain. and i haven't gotten any pics up yet.
89 vert so yes 4 windows. iv'e pulled all the motors and trying to see of they work. do i just hook em up to the battery.??? and if they do work. Would my master control buttons need changing(drivers armrest). if not that what wires would i be looking for to change.

Is converting the power to manual do-able.??

any help what-so-ever is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
563 Posts
yes you should be able to touch pos+ and neg- wires on the battery post and should get some sort of movement. (unless burnt up) or you might have to run it through the switch some sort of way. as for converting from power to manual it is possible... but im not sure about doing it to your car? so maybe someone else can fill that part in. also there might be a master relay somewhere in the car that is controling the windows.. that may have gotten messed up.

i have a problem with my passenger window if i get in the car and turn the key on really fast i can lean over and push my passenger window button to go down but in order for me to get it to go back up i have to wait like an hour or so get back in, turn the key on and push the up button on the passenger side and it'll go back up. other than that the window will never get power? is there any ideas as to what is going on what that?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't know what year you have, or if it makes a difference, but according to the Ford manual, there's a "safety relay" in the window power feed up toward the left windshield post behind the dash. Looks to be a job to get to - probably have to pull the dash. On one of mine I have power jumpered from the door lock circuit at the switch assembly until I can get time to look at the dash job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.