Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Mustang GT convertible. Last summer I was having trouble opening the driver side window after the sun had heated that side of the car. It happened a few times this year also. I've seen this exact problem asked about on the web but never any answer. The car is stored every winter.

Now, the driver window and the right rear window will not open at any time.I hear a click from somewhere when the button is pressed, but that is all. One day the window was working and the next day it was like this and has stayed like this. Before I take it to a shop, what is the most likely point of failure? I can't really remember, but I think this used to happen intermittently with the other windows in the past, usually on the side facing the sun. If it's the GEM, how would I go about getting one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
2003 Mustang GT convertible. Last summer I was having trouble opening the driver side window after the sun had heated that side of the car. It happened a few times this year also. I've seen this exact problem asked about on the web but never any answer. The car is stored every winter.

Now, the driver window and the right rear window will not open at any time.I hear a click from somewhere when the button is pressed, but that is all. One day the window was working and the next day it was like this and has stayed like this. Before I take it to a shop, what is the most likely point of failure? I can't really remember, but I think this used to happen intermittently with the other windows in the past, usually on the side facing the sun. If it's the GEM, how would I go about getting one?

Thanks.

three things that most likely go out are the regulator, the motor, and the switch..... also the 2000-2004 body style had problems with the channel guides that were glued on to the glass with silicone and would come off and bend the regulator... design flaw.... might have to change the door glass itself to fix.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
three things that most likely go out are the regulator, the motor, and the switch..... also the 2000-2004 body style had problems with the channel guides that were glued on to the glass with silicone and would come off and bend the regulator... design flaw.... might have to change the door glass itself to fix.
Something is preventing the right rear window from opening too though. And, this doesn't act like a mechanical problem. The affected windows don't move at all and I can detect no effort from the motors to move them. There does seem to be some current draw; I can hear some loading on the alternator at idle when pressing the buttons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts