Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed a Powr-Flo throttle body spacer and I wonder if it's really doing anything. Does anyone else have this and has anyone seen any dyno results from using this item.

G

·
Not to be too forward but, why would you not research a mod prior to buying it and even then, after you did bolt it on, why would you not dyno before/ after?

Looking for validation in a forum is not cost worthy nor accurate.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
R3dF1r3 said:
Not to be too forward but, why would you not research a mod prior to buying it and even then, after you did bolt it on, why would you not dyno before/ after?

Looking for validation in a forum is not cost worthy nor accurate.
Maybe in your world you can just throw you car onto a dyno before and after you make every minor modification. In mine I can't.

And I do plenty of research, I talk to fellow racers and modders, and I buy my mods from reputable dealers who do dyno testing of the products they sell.

If I'm not mistaken that's what forums are for, to talk to fellow modders about the things they do any buy. And yes, it's a perfect place for validation. My research says this item should give me a HP increase up to 8 HP. This is the part where other forum members offer constructive input to validate my research.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nghtrnnr said:
Just The Throttlebody Spacer? Or Is There The Full Package...ex 70mm Throttlebody And Cai?
I have a C&L MAF CAI with the Powr-Flo spacer.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Throttle body spacers generally increase torque. I'm not sure of the values.

G

·
5twenty said:
Maybe in your world you can just throw you car onto a dyno before and after you make every minor modification. In mine I can't.

And I do plenty of research, I talk to fellow racers and modders, and I buy my mods from reputable dealers who do dyno testing of the products they sell.

If I'm not mistaken that's what forums are for, to talk to fellow modders about the things they do any buy. And yes, it's a perfect place for validation. My research says this item should give me a HP increase up to 8 HP. This is the part where other forum members offer constructive input to validate my research.
You may have taken my post wrongly, I am well aware what forums are good for. I just don't believe all the "manufacturors posted gains" in many cases which is my point and the forum guest "butt-o-meter" or w/e it is called isn't very technical. All I was saying.
You will not know what you gained after your mods without your own personal mod/ dyno folder, period.
"In my world", I hate to pay for $100-$200 dyno pulls (I have done 3 total on this Pony), but, it is the only way I can know for sure what I am gaining.
If you are just looking for a fellow guest to say they have one too, ok, np.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts