Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the C&L CAI with the Diablosport tuner on 87 OCTANE? I know that C&L request that you remove 4 to 5 degrees in the Global Spark area, but has anyone set the Global to 0 and adjusted the 2k to 4k and 4k to 7k spark advance in the percentage area:?:

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes its all in the timing

Phil Madren said:
Anyone using the C&L CAI with the Diablosport tuner on 87 OCTANE? I know that C&L request that you remove 4 to 5 degrees in the Global Spark area, but has anyone set the Global to 0 and adjusted the 2k to 4k and 4k to 7k spark advance in the percentage area:?:
You need to go to www.steeda.com and check out the timing adjuster. or go to ebay and get one for 120.00 this allows you to adjust the timing as much as 10 degrees advanced or retarded timing. personally i like retarded timing more fuel and air then the spark= more power... if any more is needed just mail me and ill see what i can do

·
Registered
435 Posts
The timing adjuster only works with '96-'02 Mustangs. The '05s have computer controlled timing, and to adjust it you need an SCT X-calibrator or a similar interface tool.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Redator and I can adjust anything I need to. I have the Global set at -5. Tried -4 off there 93 octane like they request but at 4900 plus RPM the valves get a little click in them.

C and L also told me to set the Global at 0 and adjust the 2k to 4k to -12% and 4k to 7k to a -15%. The engine is fine until 5400 plus and get some valve tapping. On the 87 Octane I am looking for a Sparkadvance of 25 at WOT 4k and up, but I am getting about 37 degrees. I will call C&L back up and ask a few more questions. Thought I would ask on here because I knew someone would have been playing in the controllers.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was running 87 and I believe I had it set at -4. That's what they set it for at C&L. I'm now running 93 so I have that tune installed. It would be nice to see some kind of chart with the settings for the Diablosport at 87, 91, and 93 octane so that I was a little more confident if I wanted to switch again.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talked to Lee at C&L this morning. Doing ok with the Global set at 0, 2k-4k set at -12 and he told me to try the -17 in the 4k-7k area. ( this is for 87 Octane). I ran the car yesterday with the -12 in the 2k-4k and the engine was ok,but when the engine hit around 4900 plus RPM I had some valve clicking so I need to adjust to the -17 and see how that works.

Lee said that you want the engine right on the bubble of detonation and not. The -15% in the 4k to 7k area gets it so I will run it at -17 and move up from there towards 20. On 87 octane you want the engine to give a 25 degree timing. On the 93 Octane Tune from C&L they are hitting 30 degree's. Thats the reason they tell you -4 to -5 on the 87 and -3 to -4 on the 89 octane.

I tried the -4 degree on Global yesterday and got some valve chatter around 5300 RPM's.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woodj, you have a Automatic Tranny? When you just punch the gas from a Dead Stop can you brake traction with the Traction Control off?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Phil Madren said:
Woodj, you have a Automatic Tranny? When you just punch the gas from a Dead Stop can you brake traction with the Traction Control off?
No problem. Barks in 1st and 2nd.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you see much difference from the 87 octane and 93 octane?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Phil Madren said:
Do you see much difference from the 87 octane and 93 octane?
Only at higher RPM's. It's only getting you an extra 8 or 9 horses right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts