Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I’m confused. I bought a C&L intake in combo with a predator programmer. Installed the intake no problem. Then I boot up the programmer. The info from C&L says it should say C&L on boot up, it doesn’t. So I go to the Predator website. Turns out I have p/n U-7140 not p/n CL-7140 plus mine has software rev 23 and the latest is rev27. So I hook up the predator to the computer and update the software. It then asks me for the vehicle Cal ID to download specific programming for the C&L intake which I do. When I finally get to putting the program in the car, the performance tunes sections in the predator lists no C&L programs. I look in the custom tunes section and it lists cnl-maf and cnl 91 oct. I loaded the 91 oct. My questions: are there no 93 oct programs available for the C&L? There is also a software update listed for p/n CL-7140 it’s cnl_05_8r22. Could this be downloaded to my Predator and would it offer more program choices?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The c&l without the octane number should be the 93 octane. I've got the same setup but managed to squeeze in the throttle body spacer. You should notice a big difference. :eyepoppin

G

·
I am going by memory waay back in Feb, I think the basic Predator tunes are 87/ 91/ 93. IF you have a C&L you must dl/ marry it to the one tune only "C&L/MAF" tune. No octane rating noted but, I believe it is 91/ 93.

I can't get 93 here however, whatever it is, it is working real sw33t with 92 super.

Moreover, why is Diablo still selling older versions of tuners and why isn't C&L advising the customer about this on 2005 Mustang C&L intake orders??

This is a major PITA imo and I am dissapointed to see it still an issue. Not the kind of "hicup" to expect when performing the mod under time constaints.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hi beerme,

The C&L MAF tune is the 93 octane tune.

The 93 tune is probably a little on the safe side since I installed my headers and didn't get a lean code.

The 8R22 is older than your 23 you're showing at the top of your screen.

I purposely bought the U7140 so if ever I want to remove the C&L intake for any reason I can still plug in a "straight" tune for tire size and or gear ratio changes.

If you want to update to the latest firmware you first need to put your factory tune back into your car.

Here's where you need to go to get the latest firmware for the U7140 Predator Ford 2005 Stang DiabloSport r27

You then need to download the tune matching your calid from the bottom of the same page.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
No Coments! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
thump_rrr said:
Hey KJ :wavey

How's it going
LOL... Very well thank you... I have the 'other' unit... :laughlitt

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I called Predator. The C&L MAF is the 93 OCT tune. I first updated the operating system, then for the C&L tunes and my cal_id. Be aware that just because you order a intake/programmer package doesn’t mean you get the Operating system specific to that intake. BTW I took it out for its first test drive since the mod yesterday, all I can say is :kooky: !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts