Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a match race tonight. My vert vs. a friends coupe at the 1/8th mile track. I had to swap my CAI and tune to the vert and the custom tune went away. No problem - I have it stored on my computer - except the Predator won't take the tune. It tells me the download is successful and the tuner responds like it's loading but when I plug it in to the car there is no tune. The baud rates match and I've probably done this 30 times before. Did it have to go south on the BIG day? I ran him 2 weeks ago and he beat me 2 out of 3 with my stock intake and a performance tune. I was going to give him a run tonight with the CAI. His car has a CAI and an X2Cal tune. So I put the Diablosport 91 octane tune on the car and modified the shift points and richened it up a bit. I'm waiting for tech support to respond. I know the CEL will come on tonight - do you think it will hurt to make a couple of passes running a bit lean? Oh - and OSIRIS - if you're out there - don't read this :laughlitt I wouldn't want you to think I was running at a disadvantage.

·
Registered
897 Posts
You made sure that you reset the diablo on the car that it was originally mated to?

You're using R17 or higher firmware?

Your Cal_id is correct?

You're powered through the AC adapter and your com port is correct?

I know you've done this before but I get brain fade every once in a while myself.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you mean did I reinstall the factory program in the coupe before I switched it to the vert - yes I did. I even uploaded a performance tune and then reinstalled the verts stock tune before I tried to download the new program so the predator wold have the correct VIN in memory.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE - I spoke with Diablosport Tech support today. Turns out the tunes on their download site don't support the CalID of my vert, just the coupe. They are getting away from providing tunes and referring you to the tuner manufacturer. I called C&L and they were extremely nice. The tech provided me with a 93 octane tune for free and told me how to check it to see if I needed to modify the spark advance to run with the 91 octane fuel here in California. He also said beware of package deals that seem too good to be true. I guess a lot of aftermarket shops are packging incompatible parts together and then referring the buyer to the manufacturer to sort out the problems. This was not the situation in my case. I guess my two cars have different proceesor revisions and that explains why I can't carry the tune from one car to the other. I now have proper tunes in my "library' for both cars so all is good. As for the MATCH races with OSIRIS - I won 4 of 5 running the wrong tune and with the CEL on. It was pure luck though. I was beating him in reaction time but all his other times (60ft, ET and Top Speed) were trashing mine. I quit after 5 runs because of the CEL but his reaction times were improving. He's a tough competitor and I have no doubt he will eventually clean my clock :worship For now though, I hold the honor of being the only person at the track to beat him and technically we are tied at 4 wins and 4 losses apiece.

·
Registered
829 Posts
2horseowner said:
UPDATE - I spoke with Diablosport Tech support today. Turns out the tunes on their download site don't support the CalID of my vert, just the coupe. They are getting away from providing tunes and referring you to the tuner manufacturer. I called C&L and they were extremely nice. The tech provided me with a 93 octane tune for free and told me how to check it to see if I needed to modify the spark advance to run with the 91 octane fuel here in California. He also said beware of package deals that seem too good to be true. I guess a lot of aftermarket shops are packging incompatible parts together and then referring the buyer to the manufacturer to sort out the problems. This was not the situation in my case. I guess my two cars have different proceesor revisions and that explains why I can't carry the tune from one car to the other. I now have proper tunes in my "library' for both cars so all is good. As for the MATCH races with OSIRIS - I won 4 of 5 running the wrong tune and with the CEL on. It was pure luck though. I was beating him in reaction time but all his other times (60ft, ET and Top Speed) were trashing mine. I quit after 5 runs because of the CEL but his reaction times were improving. He's a tough competitor and I have no doubt he will eventually clean my clock :worship For now though, I hold the honor of being the only person at the track to beat him and technically we are tied at 4 wins and 4 losses apiece.
I am glad you did write a follow-up. I was wondering what was happening here.

FYI, My DIablo C&L "carries a tune" (hahaha) to either of my coupes even though they are different years.

I originally had one on each car But I sold one C&L/Diablo setup because she said she wanted me to leave hers returned to stock because it has the Ford extended warantee and two years of free service....! BUT, hahaha there was this one day, when she was off shopping with her mom and sister..well I swapped it over from the '06 tp try it and it worked great.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Glad you are getting it all sorted. I'm also glad I only have to improve one car instead of two, otherwise i'm sure you'd really stomp me at the track. ;o)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gig4Fun said:
I am glad you did write a follow-up. I was wondering what was happening here.

FYI, My DIablo C&L "carries a tune" (hahaha) to either of my coupes even though they are different years.

I originally had one on each car But I sold one C&L/Diablo setup because she said she wanted me to leave hers returned to stock because it has the Ford extended warantee and two years of free service....! BUT, hahaha there was this one day, when she was off shopping with her mom and sister..well I swapped it over from the '06 tp try it and it worked great.
Interesting - maybe it's a coupe vs. vert thing. My CalIDs are similar but are one letter off which prevents the tune from displaying when I swap cars. The coupe is FBJR2 and the vert is FBHR2.

And OSIRIS - can I have a shot at the Thunderchicken tonight? No sense letting you have all the fun. :kooky: Maybe that dude with the SLOOOOW SRT8 Magnum will show again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts