Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new Predator tuner now appears to have no operating system:?:

I recently bought a C&L CAI and Predator combo from rpmoutlet.com. Everything seemed okay until I tried to download the C&L tune from the Diablosport website. I followed the directions, but the Predator screen said that it could not download the file and had a flashing "continue" button. The continue button did not work when pressed. After waiting a while hoping the Predator would begin working I removed the power cord. The next problem came when I tried to turn the Predator back on. The tuner does not boot up as it did prior to attempting the download and says that the program is missing or corrupt. It looks like the failed download erased/corrupted the new tuner.

RPMoutlet has emailed that I should contact Diablosport and I have not yet gotten a response from Daiblo. Any idea what happened? Is this DiabloSport's problem to fix now? Has anyone heard of this happening.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you think it's the Operating system, then try to reinstall it. Download it form the Diablosport website. It's the .crom file. the newest version should be r27.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Rass said:
If you think it's the Operating system, then try to reinstall it. Download it form the Diablosport website. It's the .crom file. the newest version should be r27.
Rass is right. I've had this happen before. As Rass says, download the latest version of the Predator software and install it. All will be ok after that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - I'll try it as soon as I can.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to download the 05 - 06 mustang system - the r27 you suggested. The process worked fine and fixed the tuner. I tried to download the C&L tune again and it would not download and corrupted the system again.

I just fixed the system again and am wondering why this particular download does not work for me. Since I was able to download r27, I figure I am doing the download process right.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
NrlyCajun said:
I was able to download the 05 - 06 mustang system - the r27 you suggested. The process worked fine and fixed the tuner. I tried to download the C&L tune again and it would not download and corrupted the system again.

I just fixed the system again and am wondering why this particular download does not work for me. Since I was able to download r27, I figure I am doing the download process right.
Not sure. Did you check the CAL ID to make sure you're getting the right tune?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure what the CAL ID is. I went through the download page picked Ford - Mustang - C&L. The C&L tune I picked is listed as Part # CL7140 on the download page. Do know if this is the right one? If it isn't do you have a link to the page that I can download it from?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found the C&L frg files - apparently I tried to download the wrong one:dunce: .

But now none of the files online match my CALID:happyhapp .

·
Registered
5 Posts
I contacted Lee at C&L when I had a problem with a corrupted C&L tune, he emailed me and updated one.
good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks - I finally got in touch with Diablosport. Apparently the Hurricane knocked down the phone lines. Apparently the C&L tune for the 06 Mustang GT is not out yet. They are expecting early next week. I will just have to wait until then until I download the right tune and install the C&L CAI.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is why I love this web site, I can get answers from these threads a heck of a lot quicker than Diablosport, C&L, etc... NrlyCajun, I`m Having the same exact problem you are. I bought from rpm outlet as well, and after these problems arose, I thought I was getting ripped off. Please post what happens. I waited patiently and anxiously for the predator kit to arrive and when it did, I did cartwheels all the way to the garage. Within 1/2 hour I was sinking into deep depression, thinking I had an expensive piece of junk in my hands!

·
Registered
5 Posts
How are you doing..i had the same problem with mine...i happen to have the copy you need which was given to me by the guys at C&L the same day they received it from Diablo a few weeks ago....Becaus of the storm they have not been able to update the site it is revision 22..i will email it to you if you like...i just tried to send you an email but it says you do not accept emails...

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
You guyses problem is right there... it's written on your tuner... further down... further down... right there... all the way down at your pinky tip... :winks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts