Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i have heard from a few people that when you tune your car with the Diablo Sport Predator and later on you want to get rid of the Performance tune and go back to your Original Tune, and you didnt back it up, that it is possible to reset the Battary and leave it disconnected for 15 min and the tune will erase and go back to original....
i dot know if this is true.
Let me know thanks

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
?? anyone??

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've never heard of that....I'm not sure that you have a choice, I think the Predator always backs up the original tune before you can install the performance tune or set your own perameters.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i heard that this works with older fords but dont know about the new ones. i heard to reset the computer just turn the lights on and take off the battery terminals and hold them together for 20 seconds. the terminals from the car, not from the battery. they say it drains all the electricity from the system. so when it starts back up the computer "re-learns" everything. i dont know if this will help you though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It depends on the type of memory they used for the ECU. If it is an EPROM, then that will not work. The EPROM will need to be reflashed with the original configuration. If it is a type of volatile memory, then, theoretically it is possible, but there are other factors involved.

Green 01, NEVER do that, it can damage your ECU. This is not something that you should do. Typically, that is. There are cases where that would be okay, but only by a qualified person, who knows what they are doing.

David

·
Registered
207 Posts
Your diablo tuner backs up your factory settings before it loads theres so unless you don't have your diablo sport you should be able to reset anytime..

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because i want to reset my predator and tune a different car and if i need to get my car back to stock... then ill reset the ecu some how thats what my q is

·
Registered
122 Posts
You cannot tune another car with your Predator while your cars' tune is in it. You must use the tuner to restore your car to factory settings first, before it will allow you to tune another. This is so a group of guys can't go together and split the cost of a tuner and share it. One per car. Hope this answers your question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.