Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what tune and what gains some are getting using the predator. I get bad pinging with the performance and 91 tune, didn't seem to have much torque either.Due to the ping I don't know how it would have run upwards of 5000 rpm but till that point the stock tune would romp it. I guess I'll try the 87, are all the predator tunes supposed to be better than factory tune? I'm running 93 octane, all stock 05GT. I just tried 100 shot of nitrous with colder plugs and stock tune, no ping noticed at all like that.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Don't know my man... any octane tune should be PERFECT!

You sure you have stock aplication tunes in you tuner?

For/whit NOS there will be a totally different tune!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just did the 87 Octane last week and do feel a difference in the throttle pickup and I went to the track friday night here in Vegas and had better speed about 8 mph faster. Running 97-100 instead 0f 93-96 mph. My tank is almost empty and I am going to do one of the higher octane tunes.

You will get knocking if u use a higher octane tune with the lower octane gas.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Good point speco... prem1, make sure you have the fuel you're tuning for in the car from the get go! Also, prem1, where did you find AM sparkplugs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the plugs from sparkplugs.com HT0. I've been running 93 octane, from a couple different stores. I back the timing down on the 91 tune today, seems to work fine like that. Kind of a pisser though, going from the bottle to normal aspirated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts