Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the 91 Octane tune for the predator for the C&L cold air intake. I just got the kit but www.diablosport.com website is down, so if anyone can download it and post or send it to me that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
897 Posts
Rass said:
Does anyone have the 91 Octane tune for the predator for the C&L cold air intake. I just got the kit but www.diablosport.com website is down, so if anyone can download it and post or send it to me that would be great. Thanks
Diablosport is in southern Florida in the greater Ft. Lauderdale area which was hit by hurricane Wilma. I would assume that their servers will probably be down for the next few days.

1) Which model predator do you have? U7140,S7140,C7140?

2) Do you have the download cable and power supply?

3) Do you have the DS Downloader Ver.1,2,6,0

4) Which firmware version do you have?
8r27 is the latest revision. When you power up your predator you will see the version on the top of the screen.

5) Find your Calibration ID to get the proper program.
Plug your predator into your car and go to "Options" Troubleshooting""Show Calibration ID"

If your Predator is a U7140 and your software version is FBJR3 PM Me and I'll send you a copy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks thump_rrr for sending me all the software. Now I have done everything except, I think the tune cnl_05_fbjr3.frg that you sent me doesn't match my car. The tune loads to the predator but gives me the following:
Problem: bad calid (2) - please use 'options' - 'custom tune' to load or erase the custom tune. I haven't tried to put the tune in my car, and don't know if I should, will it hurt anything if it's the wrong tune??
My CALID is FBJR3G5, if anyone has the tune for this please send it to me.

Also the only mod I have is the C&L CAI, will it hurt my car or even give me better performance to put one of the preset preditor tunes in, until I can get a custom tune??

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Rass said:
Also the only mod I have is the C&L CAI, will it hurt my car or even give me better performance to put one of the preset preditor tunes in, until I can get a custom tune??
I wouldn't do that. Those tunes are meant for stock intake and the C&L definitely requires a special, non-stock tune.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Rass said:
Thanks thump_rrr for sending me all the software. Now I have done everything except, I think the tune cnl_05_fbjr3.frg that you sent me doesn't match my car. The tune loads to the predator but gives me the following:
Problem: bad calid (2) - please use 'options' - 'custom tune' to load or erase the custom tune. I haven't tried to put the tune in my car, and don't know if I should, will it hurt anything if it's the wrong tune??
My CALID is FBJR3G5, if anyone has the tune for this please send it to me.

The first 5 digits are the same meaning it's the proper tune.

that's exactly what my car shows as calid FBJR3G5

Going from memory the tunes are FBJR1,FBJR2,and FBJR3.

I have a backup i'll send you.

Check your e-mail

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just tried the other tunes you sent me but I get the same Problem.
When I "send tune to predator" and click on your tune, it then says it cant find the ORI file would I like to point to the location, so I say yes, point to be stock backup and it downloads in 5 seconds says download completed successfully. On the predator it says download complete, then a second later it gives me the Problem: bad calid error.
Did it ask you to point to the stock backup?

I have tried a bunch of different ways, but nothing works.

And I have tried to call Diablosport yesterday and today, all I get is a busy signal. I think their phones may be down also.

·
Registered
897 Posts
No I was never asked to point to it but I'm going from memory.

If you can't get it to work by Monday I'll try to test it on mine again.

I don't want to touch the tune till then since it's the last weekend of the season at our track. It would be disasterous if something goes wrong.

You're sure of your calid? I just checked mine FBJR3G5

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked again and we have the same calid, so I don't know why it's not working. I think I am going to take my CAI back out and put the stock on until I can get the tune to work. At least then I can load a stock tune and be able to step on the gas again. Since I have had my C&L on three days ago I have been driving slow so not to mess anything up until I get it tuned.
Have fun at the track.

·
Registered
5 Posts
how are you? i think i have the tune you are needing...the guys from C&L sent it to me as soon as they got it from diablo a few weeks ago...i will send it to you if you want to try it...does anyone know if i can attach the file to this message..or will i have to email it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts