Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a negative engine noise thread.

I'm considering buying my wife a '12 v6 to replace her Mazda Miata. I went to the same dealership where I bought my '11 v6 to do some number crunching. For whatever reason he hands us the keys and says to take it for a drive... weird because he's the same guy who sold us the '11 and obviously we both know what the car drives like already. But we take it anyway and I tell my wife to really lay into it. I did this for a reason.

I've been tuned and geared (3.73's) since April 2011 when I bought the car. I forgotten how the car feels like stock with the 2.73's in it.

Well after my butt dyno tells me how much faster my modded '11 feels, my wife mentioned how much deeper and throaty the '12 sounds coming from the engine. She was definitely right. I thought maybe Ford tweaked something in the '12's.

Well while waiting for a new tune from Bama, I reloaded the stock tune in my '11 and drove it for a bit. The throaty sound is there and I think I MUCH prefer it to the tuned sound. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
331 Posts
This isn't a negative engine noise thread.

I'm considering buying my wife a '12 v6 to replace her Mazda Miata. I went to the same dealership where I bought my '11 v6 to do some number crunching. For whatever reason he hands us the keys and says to take it for a drive... weird because he's the same guy who sold us the '11 and obviously we both know what the car drives like already. But we take it anyway and I tell my wife to really lay into it. I did this for a reason.

I've been tuned and geared (3.73's) since April 2011 when I bought the car. I forgotten how the car feels like stock with the 2.73's in it.

Well after my butt dyno tells me how much faster my modded '11 feels, my wife mentioned how much deeper and throaty the '12 sounds coming from the engine. She was definitely right. I thought maybe Ford tweaked something in the '12's.

Well while waiting for a new tune from Bama, I reloaded the stock tune in my '11 and drove it for a bit. The throaty sound is there and I think I MUCH prefer it to the tuned sound. Anyone else notice this?
Maybe the throaty sound you hear with stock tune is your car chugging more gas/running rich? Meaning when the car is tuned it will run smoother at idle and WOT since it isnt pig rich?

·
Registered
118 Posts
timing

Hi,
The tune will advaance the timing which will smooth out the engine.
Perry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts