Ford Mustang Forum banner

Premium or Deluxe + Noises?

677 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  SoCal2V
This has been bugging me forever, I need to know if my cars a Premium or Deluxe version.

It doesn't have traction control, but I understand that was an option.
I personally haven't seen the window sticker, but they had pictures of it on the ad when I bought it 5 months ago.
Pictures here.

It says order code 140A-Prem GT,
I'm just lost and don't want to mislabel my car.

On to my next thing,

Theres a whine coming from the engine when I'm driving, and it gets louder as the RPM's go up.
I've seen people complain about it being the idler pulley, but does anyone have experience with this problem? It's not a huge thing, but it just bugs me because I can hear it.
See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I too have a noise coming from my engine bay and I too believe its the Idler pulley but not sure.

As for Premium or Deluxe my Mustang is a Premium I've seen my window sticker and mine Does not have Traction control neither. The '06 that I had (R I P) was also a Premium but had Traction control
It says it right there on your window sticker - "Order code 140A - Prem GT V8".

Aside from that though the easy way to discern between Deluxe and Premium trims is the upholstery - Deluxe cars had cloth and Premium had leather.

Your whining noise could be a pulley as you suggested, or alternator or one of the other accessories. You'll need to pop the hood and start listening/looking around for it.
See less See more
It says it right there on your window sticker - "Order code 140A - Prem GT V8".

Aside from that though the easy way to discern between Deluxe and Premium trims is the upholstery - Deluxe cars had cloth and Premium had leather.

Your whining noise could be a pulley as you suggested, or alternator or one of the other accessories. You'll need to pop the hood and start listening/looking around for it.
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure!

And yeah, people say Power Steering or Pulley, and its just gonna be a ***** to get it sorted.
See less See more
Not really. Go get an automotive stethescope, they're pretty inexpensive. Probe around various things until you pinpoint the noise. Chances are it's something simple.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.