Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the predicted price drops in all the 05 models once the 06's come out ? I've wanted an old mustang since I was little and with the 05 it's as close as I can get. I have to have a certain percentage saved before my grandfather will cosign a loan for me. Any help would be nice.

Signed - Guy desperately wanting some good old American steel to drive :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
BamaFan4Life37 said:
What are the predicted price drops in all the 05 models once the 06's come out ? I've wanted an old mustang since I was little and with the 05 it's as close as I can get. I have to have a certain percentage saved before my grandfather will cosign a loan for me. Any help would be nice.

Signed - Guy desperately wanting some good old American steel to drive :(
From the demand side, I don't think there is going to be a penny in price drop unless it's a V6, but still, that's pushing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
The '05's are so rare right now, if you actually found one on a lot, I guarentee you it will be over MRSP. No way they would lower the price when people are willing to pay 5 grand over MRSP for a used 2005 mustang GT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
depends totally where you are... just south of Toronto I know of at least 20 on lots. You'll never get it for less than MSRP... but you won't pay more either. doubt they'll drop the price though until say, winter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
No price drop around here. 05 GT's are still over msrp.:thumbsup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
just wanted to add - in my hometown there are currently 6-8 on the lot and i just bought mine 3 wks ago and VIOLA.. they came DOWN $3k off msrp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
SOPHIE said:
just wanted to add - in my hometown there are currently 6-8 on the lot and i just bought mine 3 wks ago and VIOLA.. they came DOWN $3k off msrp.
What did you buy, and where are you? Curious minds want to know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
i am in brandon, mississippi; i bought v6/manual/torch red/sunroof;louvers/scoop; anyone want addl info email me and i will be happy to give you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I bought a 05 GT Premium last night started at 3K over MSRP and got down to $500 under. There were 7 GT's on the lot three coupes and three verts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
redfire GT said:
I bought a 05 GT Premium last night started at 3K over MSRP and got down to $500 under. There were 7 GT's on the lot three coupes and three verts.
Good math..
3 verts
+ 3 coupes
6 Cars

what was the seventh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
I got mine for less than MSRP just last week, but my wife worked out a deal with the dealership owner (she works with his wife). He had two GT coupes on the lot, a GT convertable, and a v6 convertable.

All I had to do was walk in, pick my color, and sign the papers. Easiest car deal I ever made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
SOPHIE said:
i am in brandon, mississippi; i bought v6/manual/torch red/sunroof;louvers/scoop; anyone want addl info email me and i will be happy to give you!
Yeah folks are coming down on the V6, that's a given. It's the GT that one would rarely find for under MSRP.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top