Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to make this sound like some sort of fish story, but a friend of mine came across a 69 Mach 1 with what he saw as 30 miles on the odometer. He was told that the car was all original and had been stored since purchase. I have my doubts on the whole validity of the situation but as the story goes, it was offered to him for a small price. Aside from wondering if the whole story was made up (which I'm still a bit skeptical on myself) I was wondering how you go about validating whether this is truly an original or simply somebodys great restoration (or heaven forbid, a complete rip-off)? It's funny how the first thing my friend sees is $$ and when I asked him if he knew for certain it was not restored his whole world deflated just a bit. Anyways other than taking it to a Barrett Jackson auction, are there guys around that do this sort of appraisal thing for a job, how does one find them?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Can you get the VIN #??? You can send it to a place called Marti Reports, and he can do an EXTENSIVE background search for around 75 bucks or so. I can get better details if you are wanting to go this route, just let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VIN.. sounds like a good place to start. I googled for the Marti Reports, and followed links to a VIN decoder, it looks like it might be a good place to start to see if at least the car has what the VIN says it should have (ie. if the VIN lists it with a manual tranny and it actually has a automatic, then I guess it isn't "all original") . Whether this turns into a fish story or not, I'll keep this post up to date with my latest findings when I get them. For now I haven't heard much of anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.