Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 1976 Ford Mustang Cobra II, 4 spd, 302 Eng. Very powerful, runs great. Little rust (only rust is on side panels which im including). Extra parts. Interior has little wear, excellent condition all around..That was the explanation that he gave. And from what i can tell.. He is telling the truth, The interior looks awesome and the exterior has no noticeable Rust spots or anything..There are a couple of pictures. How much do you guys think its worth?

Attachments

·
0 Posts
Well, it needs paint for sure, it's missing the front valance, the carpet is pretty faded, and that steering wheel looks like the standard II wheel when most (if not all) Cobra IIs came with a 3-spoke sport steering wheel. So it'd definitely be a project even if it runs and drives.

I'd offer $1500 and haggle from there, I paid $1000 for a V8/automatic Ghia in better condition... but that IS a Cobra, so I'd offer a little more. If he counter-offers at anything less than $2500 I'd haggle a little more but probably buy it between $1500 and $2500.

Just make sure you check the gas tank and floorpans before you buy it, those are areas that are prone to rust, and see if he'll let you pour a couple of gallons of gas into the filler neck, most V8 IIs have a little 3 gallon auxillary tank above the main tank that you can't see, and a lot of them leak, you'll want to know if it does before you buy it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.