Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Description: The Pro 5.0 shifter for manual transmission is a shifter designed to help out in positive shifts and eliminate the damage that can be created by the stock shifter. This shifter is manufactured from superior quality billet materials. The 2nd to 3rd offset shift mechanism makes shifting to 3rd a breeze. Available for Ford Mustang T5,T45,T56, and Tremec Transmissions.

For more information visit: http://www.pro-50.com/

Keywords: Pro 5.0 Manual Transmission Shifter Power Tower

96pro50_shifter.jpg

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After reading about the Pro 5.0 shifter and it's positive results I had to have one. It is made from a billet aluminum base and there are two handles available for them. A must if drag racing your car to eliminate overshifting that may cause damage to your shifter forks in your transmission. I have it in my car and love it. Installation was about an hour with basic hand tools.

Rating5
ProsNice firm postive shifts
ConsCan be hard on the hand if shifting hard through the gears.
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
56 Posts
had one put in at xmas and i hate it. Hard to shift, clanky and definetely not very much of a short throw. wish I had bought a Triax. who knows, maybe i just got a bad one. Had it installed by a shop, maybe they did'nt do it right?

Rating1
ProsNONE
ConsClanky, hard to shift, not a short thow
Would you recommend?no

·
Registered
287 Posts
I Like It Cause I Cant Miss A Gear And Yea Shorter Throw Is Alittle Clanky When U Jam Into Gears
Stop Bolts Make Clink Sound When U Hit Them And 5th And Reverse Are Alittle Weird Almost Like They R Farther Away

Rating3
ProsLooks Good Has Stop Bolts
ConsHarder To Slide Into Gears
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
52 Posts
I love the short throw. The clank it can makes between gears just sounds wonderful. With this shifter, you know you have a manual transmission ready for action. I have not missed a shift yet. With the stock shifter I was grinding gears. This is saving my transmission in the long run. It is a lot of fun to play with just idle at a light as well.

Rating5
ProsQuick to get it ingear.
ConsHeve to reach forward a little as I like my seat towards the back.
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I've owned the steeda tri-ax in my Gt and this shifter is much better and quieter then the steeda. This shifter if installed correctly is as quiet as stock. I teamed mine up with the Steeda Tri-Ax handle and it is a much better feel then the Pro5.0 handle.

Rating5
ProsQuiet, Short Throw
Cons5th and reverse are harder to shift into.
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
2 Posts
WHILE THE PRODUCT SEEMS VERY STURDY , THE OCCASIONAL BALKINESS TAKES AWAY FROM THE OVERALL QUALITY

Rating5
ProsGood shifter feel
ConsSometimes it seems harder to shift than others. Takes a while to get accustomed to.
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
24 Posts
Love it !!! The shifter is great and you can\'t miss 3rd gear at all. This is the first mod I would put on a new car IMO.

Rating10
ProsShifts firm,accurate
ConsHandle is little short
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts