Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so, When I had a 97 GT I heard nothing but great things about the MGW. But now that I have a cobra I am searching again and cant really find a pros/cons for different brand short shifters.

I personally am between the Pro 5.0 and the MGW. I've driven a GT with a Tri-Ax and was not all too impressed except for it being better than stock.

So question is what are you'r pros/cons with these shifters. And other shifters are welcome for future use of this thread.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
both are exceptional in performance, you can't go wrong with either...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya from the research I've done both a great. Thanks for your reply. Your always on this thing haha. I just know if the "adjustable angle" will be an issue on the MGW or not. I don't want it slipping off mid shift or swinging while I'm going for 3rd. Do you have one in your cobra?

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I have a Pro 5.0, MGW didn't exist back when I got it, but really I've seen the MGW in action, it's nice but the Pro 5.0 is one thing I really love in my car, it's so much better than stock you will wonder what Ford was thinking with the stock POS

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya after looking at the design a few times I think I like how it is all bolted together as apposed to the MGW where it slides over the post and clamps down onto the post. (if that makes sense)

·
Registered
261 Posts
PRO 5.0!! You won't be dissapointed

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I think Pro it is. Does anywhere sell it cheaper than CJPonyParts for 190?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts