Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my dad is almost done is Big Block CHEVY motor... its a 454 stroker to a 498ci! well my mom said he cant do anything else to his car till the house is done!...this will take up to 2 yrs... he came up with the idea of putting it in my stang... along with a th-400 tranz... well i know AJE makes a K member for a BBC in a fox body and lemmons headers make a set of headders for it! does anyone know about a cross member or if someone sells a drive shaft for this monster?!?!?

im running my combo the rest of this season... but winter... the stangs goin in the garage and were gonna shimmy this monster combo in! 498 stroker 4 bolt mains, eagal crank and rods, JE pistons, 10.5 - 1 compression, dart big chief heads, custom n2o cam, brodix intake, 1050 dominator, with a 300hp plate 2 stage hit!!! stock like suspention small tire " same as listed below!"

any ideas what et's?

any info on how its done, articals. pics, or anything else will be great!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
My neighbor has a Fox GT with a small block Chevy and all he took was an engine block plate to mate it to the frame. Custom headers for the engine/frame combo and tranny mount with a custom driveshaft and he's rolling.

You could contact The Driveshaft Shop for a driveshaft for it...DRIVESHAFTS SHOP: Stock, Performance Drive Shafts, Aluminum Drive Shaft, Racing Axles

You'll probably do well to get a UPR K member and modify it to fit because they give lots of extra room and it should be able to accomodate it.

You'll have a beast with it, the main problem you'll have is having that heavy ton of an engine over the front and a lightweight rear. If you could get traction, you should get 9's because my neighbor with that 421 small Chevy and nitrous hits 9's as it is.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man....!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.