Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man i'm having a problem, with this new computer I cant go to cervinis.com it allways blocks me. But with my older computer it did't. On this computer I have windows xp with internet explorer 7 and it gives me this error.

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

This organization's certificate has been revoked.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

<LI id=errorExpl1>If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting. <LI id=errorExpl2>When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com. <LI id=errorExpl3>If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.
For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

What can i do to fix it? I can't find anyway to fix it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I don't know what to tell you, I just visited the site and I'm not getting that error. I'm running Firefox using XP. I would say clear your cookies and cache to see if that helps.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Many websites are not set up yet to use IE version 7. This is one reason I won't upgrade. Most likely, the site is viewable under IE version 6, which is why your old computer could view it. You can try using a different computer, or download another browser like Netscape Navigator. It may ask if you want Netscape Navigator to be your default browser when you load it, and that's up to you. Let's say you just want it for viewing websites like cervini's. Open Netscape Navigator, when it asks if you want to set NN as your defalt browser, just select NO. The browser will proceed to open and you can go on your merry way without chaning your computer settings. This way you can have two browsers, with IE7 as your primary browser.
You'll notice 06SlvrBullit above is using Firefox, not IE7 or even Netscape Navigator. I'm sticking with IE version 6 for now.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
IE 7 is a raging pain in the rear regarding certificates. Try using Netscape or Mozilla.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had IE version 7 for awhile. Had lots of problems with it. Deleted it and went back to version 6. No more problems.

As for the Cervini's site......its under construction. I was able to bring up the web site but couldnt go anywhere from there.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Vista

Wait until you geat a load of the headaches with Vista.

Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wait until you geat a load of the headaches with Vista.

Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!
I just barely know enough to get into trouble with XP.....no way do I want to deal with Vista.

I'm a gearhead.....not a programer.......as Clint Eastwood said.....a man has to know his limitations. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had IE version 7 for awhile. Had lots of problems with it. Deleted it and went back to version 6. No more problems.

As for the Cervini's site......its under construction. I was able to bring up the web site but couldnt go anywhere from there.
How can i go back to IE version 6?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many websites are not set up yet to use IE version 7. This is one reason I won't upgrade. Most likely, the site is viewable under IE version 6, which is why your old computer could view it. You can try using a different computer, or download another browser like Netscape Navigator. It may ask if you want Netscape Navigator to be your default browser when you load it, and that's up to you. Let's say you just want it for viewing websites like cervini's. Open Netscape Navigator, when it asks if you want to set NN as your defalt browser, just select NO. The browser will proceed to open and you can go on your merry way without chaning your computer settings. This way you can have two browsers, with IE7 as your primary browser.
You'll notice 06SlvrBullit above is using Firefox, not IE7 or even Netscape Navigator. I'm sticking with IE version 6 for now.
ok i'm downloading the netscape browser now

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Start>settings>control panel>add/remove programs. You should be able to remove it from there. However, sometimes it's difficult to go back a version since a lot of shared files do not get deleted upon uninstall. I'd recommend you just load Mozilla Firefox. It's a better browser anyway.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Start>settings>control panel>add/remove programs. You should be able to remove it from there. However, sometimes it's difficult to go back a version since a lot of shared files do not get deleted upon uninstall. I'd recommend you just load Mozilla Firefox. It's a better browser anyway.
I have rolled back version 7 to 6 with no problem that way.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have went back to version 6 also. But ya have to delete version 7 first. 6 will not install over 7. That means you have to use a different browser. I used AOL.

Once i had 6 installed.....all my problems went away.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have the same thing with Cervini's web site, and I have IE6 and Windows XP. I got past it by clicking on the continue option - and then I set IE6 to recognize it as a "safe site" in my list.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Well that's good to know. Clearly IE 7 isn't ready for primetime... But you know what I'm talking about trying to go backwards with some software packages.
I've been using IE7 for a while now and have had no problems except for what stangsucker did. I just accept it with the unrated certificate. I have all three and they all work good.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have downloaded Net Scape browser now and cervinis.com works fine on it. I am still using IE7 for my primeary browser because all other sites work with it. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts