Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track last night after i put my upper and lower control arms on and subframe connectors. I left my quad shocks off like everyone suggested that I didn't need them anymore. Everytime I did my burnout or lauched I couldn't control wheel hop. What could be the problem? Is their some cars fine without them and some that is not? I'm just going to put them back on. Another problem is with the rear sway bar had to kind of stretch it to get it to bolt up to new control arms. Would that affect anything? Thinking about just taking it off as well.

R

·
0 Posts
Went to the track last night after i put my upper and lower control arms on and subframe connectors. I left my quad shocks off like everyone suggested that I didn't need them anymore. Everytime I did my burnout or lauched I couldn't control wheel hop. What could be the problem? Is their some cars fine without them and some that is not? I'm just going to put them back on. Another problem is with the rear sway bar had to kind of stretch it to get it to bolt up to new control arms. Would that affect anything? Thinking about just taking it off as well.

did you check your pinion angle because that could cause the wheel hop problem.....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you check your pinion angle because that could cause the wheel hop problem.....
That could be the problem, but truly i have no idea what your talking about. Can you explain to me how to check it. Cause now there is a lil pop or thug sound when I pull out. Thats the only time it does it.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
It could be pinion angle, and it could be bolt-hole clearance. When you put on the UCA and LCA's, was there excessive play with the bolts in the sleeves of the control arms? If the bolts are excessively loose, it will give you wheelhop as well. Everything needs to be tight, and you described a pop......

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could the wheel hop be caused by worn out axle bushings cause I didn't change them when I put the upper CA on. I took them off today to check them again they look worse than they did. Guess I will change them tomarrow. Bad axle bushings could throw off pinion angle. Am I correct? How hard is it to get the rubber bushings out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.