Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put an order in June 26 through AAFES (Military Auto Sales) and have not received a build date yet. I am ordering a 2010 GT Premium with 401A, Accessory package 5, 3.73 gears, 19 in premium painted rims and in Grabber Blue. I email them almost daily trying to get an update, but they believe that the line is backed up right now. I have seen guys on other posts say they ordered theirs after mine and they have a build date already. Can anybody help me out with information on this. I want to have some background this time before I go yelling again about not getting a build date yet. If you have placed a order after Jun 26th please let me know when you are due to receive your car. Thanks guys.

Eric

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have no answer for that, but I hate to admit that I ordered mine about the same time and its sitting on the dealers lot. It came in on saturday August 22nd. They couldnt prep it for me in time, so I will pick it up monday night after work. It is going to be one hell of a long day at work.

I feel your pain though. I would call them and try and get some answers. I would bet there is a delay due to a backered part or something.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Part of the problem is due to allocations, it just depends on what area you are in. There could be other hold ups such as certain parts not available such as supplier problems, manufacturing problems etc.
Hope you get a build date soon!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Squince,

No offense, but I hope I have less time to wait for my stang than you do:)
I do take offense to that..haha! No I sent them an e-mail last night and told them that not having a build date was unacceptable. So far haven't heard anything yet. The good thing is the longer it takes the more money I get back, but I am tired of waiting with no answers at all!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Part of the problem is due to allocations, it just depends on what area you are in. There could be other hold ups such as certain parts not available such as supplier problems, manufacturing problems etc.
Hope you get a build date soon!
Usually when you order it through the military, we are supposed to have priority... supposedly. I really don't care about when it is built I just want answers on why they haven't even given me a date.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no answer for that, but I hate to admit that I ordered mine about the same time and its sitting on the dealers lot. It came in on saturday August 22nd. They couldnt prep it for me in time, so I will pick it up monday night after work. It is going to be one hell of a long day at work.

I feel your pain though. I would call them and try and get some answers. I would bet there is a delay due to a backered part or something.
Must be nice to get yours...I wish I could get mine..

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got my VIN on Saturday. People have posted a link where they can view the window sticker with the build date. Every time I have tried to use it, it doesn't work for me. Anybody have an updated website where we can do this?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just got my VIN on Saturday. People have posted a link where they can view the window sticker with the build date. Every time I have tried to use it, it doesn't work for me. Anybody have an updated website where we can do this?

You have been bucked.

You oughta be about 2 weeks from delivery I believe.

·
Registered
137 Posts
haha...nope they told me that my build date is September 28. So I assume it will be 2 weeks after that will be the delivery...

My mistake. I thought once they had it serialized, it was ready to be built.

At least you now have a build date. Thats good news. Maybe you will get lucky and get it sooner! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
45 Posts
haha...nope they told me that my build date is September 28. So I assume it will be 2 weeks after that will be the delivery...
Squince,
I am in a simliar situation. In May while in Iraq (USMC) I ordered a 2010 GT from Exchange New Car Sales. I asked for a delivery date of Oct 1st so I knew I would be home to get it. On August 1st I got an e-mail with the VIN. On August 15th their web site said it would be built the week of Aug 31st. On Sept 5th I checked the web site and it said my Kona Blue GT had shipped from the factory on Sept 2nd. No one ENCS or the local dealer can tell me when it will arrive. As of today it left the factory 9 days ago. I will let you know when it gets here. Can not wait.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Squince,
I am in a simliar situation. In May while in Iraq (USMC) I ordered a 2010 GT from Exchange New Car Sales. I asked for a delivery date of Oct 1st so I knew I would be home to get it. On August 1st I got an e-mail with the VIN. On August 15th their web site said it would be built the week of Aug 31st. On Sept 5th I checked the web site and it said my Kona Blue GT had shipped from the factory on Sept 2nd. No one ENCS or the local dealer can tell me when it will arrive. As of today it left the factory 9 days ago. I will let you know when it gets here. Can not wait.
Today they gave me an Oct 26 delivery date, which is exactly 4 months after I ordered. Are you checking the ENCS site or you checking somewhere else?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Today they gave me an Oct 26 delivery date, which is exactly 4 months after I ordered. Are you checking the ENCS site or you checking somewhere else?
The ENCS web site. Under customer service then track your order.

·
Registered
94 Posts
sounds more like someone dropped the ball and forgot to process it untill you sent the email and complained .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Today makes it exactly two weeks since the car left the factory on Sept 2nd. Still no one has any idea when it will arrive at the local dealer. I can not belive ford does not have a tracking system. They have to know where their cars are in between the factory and the dealer. Squince what is the web site you were trying where can veiw the window sticker? Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Went by the dealership today and there sat my car. My guess is it came on a truck last night or early today. It took 18 days for it to get here once it left the factory. Hopefully I will be able to drive it home tomorrow. Wish the dealership was open today. Was weird to see it sitting there with the shipping wrap on it and the interior still has the protective plastic all over it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.