Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well i bough a brand new B&M MegaShifter For my 1990 GT 5.0 AOD
After I got home I found out for the AOD model you need to buy the option kit for and extra 50$ which isnt to bad but then i went back to the swap meet and found out that the Transgo kit is much better for my car considering i still have a stock block(302) Should i get the Transgo kit for 120 and try and sell B&M or just buy the kit for the AOD model?

If any one has used or knows how good or bad either of these kits are PLEASE LET ME KNO ASAP Get the liscense soon

·
Registered
471 Posts
The TransGo is an actual shift kit(internal parts for the tranny), where the shifter is what u use to change the gears.:) That extra kit from B&M is the bracket and shift arm you need to replace the factory one on the AOD to hook up the shifter. The only B&M shifter made specifically for an AOD is the Hammer, and it comes with those extra parts. Any other shifter needs that extra kit to work right. Since you have to drop the pan to get at the nut that holds that shift arm on, you might as well get the TransGo shift kit and install it so you don't have to drop the pan twice. It's a good idea anyways, AOD's need all the help they can get. I had to get the the same thing when I installed an AOD in place of the C4 in my 'Stang to get my B&M QuickSilver shifter to work with the AOD. It's not a hard job, but it is definately worthwile to do the shiftkit at the same time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
just buy the kit. it's a linkage kit for the AOD. I just bought mine and love it. I also bought the Baumann Shift Kit or recalibration kit as they call it. It is cheaper and better than any other kit I've used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.