Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace my 2005 Mustang V6s stock wheels, but I cannot get them off.. I have all the lugnuts removed but the wheel is still stuck on there and won't budge.. Is there something special I need to do..? Quick responses are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I had a 2001 F250 with aluminium wheels and had to take a hammer and hit the back of the tire while it was slowly spinning to break it loose from the hub. your tires been on for awhile? the rim is just stuck...little force it will break loose.

·
Registered
713 Posts
jack lalane is having a two for one special. sorry....too ez.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
I had a 2001 F250 with aluminium wheels and had to take a hammer and hit the back of the tire while it was slowly spinning to break it loose from the hub. your tires been on for awhile? the rim is just stuck...little force it will break loose.
I have had the same thing happen. do the hammer deal there and it should break them loose.:happyhapp

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just drive around, it will eventually pop off.

·
Registered
713 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
When I had taken them off of my car, I never had a problem, so from the sounds of it, the hammer should work like a charm!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Just watch out for that rebound of the hammer! :cursing:

May even want to try a small block of wood across the rim and give it a thump or 2 with the hammer, rotating 90 degrees each time if its being stubborn.
Off course on the inside of the wheel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got them off.. Had to give them all a couple swift kicks.. Have never had that happen on a car before. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Hub centric application...next time put a little oil(not much) on the hub surface around the centric flange(wipe off excess).The oil will keep the surface from corroding.You could even wipe some oil(lightly) on the back of the wheel around the lug hole area.

·
Registered
380 Posts
So in case of a flat tire we might need to keep a hammer or steel toe shoes in the trunk?
:laugh:
Glad it worked out for ya! Ive never heard of wheels sticking like that either. It makes sense that applying some type of lube would help..

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
there is a lube called never seize or anti-seize. works great! Ive heard rims sticking to the hub or trucks and bigger types of vehicles but not our cars

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Yeah, we come across it alot in the shop, and its usually always aluminum wheels that haven't been removed in a good year or so.
Cars or trucks.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
That would suck if yo got a flat and that problem had happened. Not good.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
yep sir my F250 had aluminum wheels.
you ever use that anti seize stuff..silverish in color?

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
yep sir my F250 had aluminum wheels.
you ever use that anti seize stuff..silverish in color?
I don't personally, mine are off every other month or so anyway, lol.
But it works great. Don't get it on your fingers, seems like it never comes off, lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.