Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought all new pads for my 02 GT. The fronts were no problem but the rears are giving me fits. I can't get the caliper piston to go in. First, is the direction you turn them different depending on the side. I read the drivers side is clockwise and the passengers is counter clockwise. Is this true? My manual just says turn the piston clockwise. I got a caliper piston tool from Pep Boys but I can't get the piston to turn at all. I want to make sure I am turning them the correct way. I am so close to getting this done. About half a turn of the piston will do it. Any tips?

·
Registered
849 Posts
crack open the bleeder valve...

·
Registered
454 Posts
The easy way to remember is " lefty loosy righty tighty " A friend of mine buster his calliper trying to press it in instead of turning it..:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Yup, bleeder valve, and remove the reservoir cap, the rear calipers can be a major PITA sometimes. It makes a huge difference to have to square looking tool, well worth the cost.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
first off dont know if u did it but ur supposed to take the cap off and remove some fluid from the resivore to begin with but i dont see why ur havin a fit with it u shouldnt have to break the bleeder valve but if nothin else works try it good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.