Ford Mustang Forum banner

Problem with a 95 3.8L, bogs down in 3rd.. Fuel pump?

1032 5
I have a 1995 3.8L mustang(I know) , and when I shift into 3rd gear it bogs down and the rpms drop, and it won't go, no matter how much gas I give it. I'm thinking the fuel pump, but not entirely sure. Anyone have any idea? Thanks
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
fuel pump would be through all the gears. try resetting the ecu by disconnecting the negative battery cable for a minute and reconnect.
could be LOTS of things . . . how many miles on the car?
AlexC said:
I have a 1995 3.8L mustang(I know) , and when I shift into 3rd gear it bogs down and the rpms drop, and it won't go, no matter how much gas I give it. I'm thinking the fuel pump, but not entirely sure. Anyone have any idea? Thanks
Its got about 154k miles on it.
try starting off with the basics. Check fluid levels and sensors, Im sure Ks can figure out whats going on.
Is is an automatic, or manual?

I'm guessing manual . ..

the only thing that I can think of is that the computer switches over to a different fuel map in 3rd gear,

At 154,000 miles . . . I'm guessing you may need to clean your MAF with some computer contact cleaner, incorrect readings might be interfering with the mode switch, and/or your fuel injectors may need cleaning.

you might shoot mustangtk a PM to see what he thinks . . .
AlexC said:
Its got about 154k miles on it.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.