Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I recently bought a supercharger (procharger) for my 2001 v6 mustang and I installed. However the injectors that came with it are 42lb injectors and when I try to put them on the car didn’t run well:eyebulge: so I put the stock injectors back. How can I put these injectors in my car? What do I need in order to do so.? I will appreciate a lot if you guys help me out with some answers.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
you need a mass air sensor calibrated for 42#/hr injectors, yours is still programmed for 21#/hr

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
Rodstang01 said:
Hello there, I recently bought a supercharger (procharger) for my 2001 v6 mustang and I installed. However the injectors that came with it are 42lb injectors and when I try to put them on the car didn’t run well:eyebulge: so I put the stock injectors back. How can I put these injectors in my car? What do I need in order to do so.? I will appreciate a lot if you guys help me out with some answers.
ProCharger generally gives you a chip for the 42lb'ers.

Don't run the car with the SC attached and the stock injectors, your mixture will be lean, and you'll destroy the engine.

They have a good tech line. Give 'em a call.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot men, so thats all i need no msd or any other thing.
lcurle said:
you need a mass air sensor calibrated for 42#/hr injectors, yours is still programmed for 21#/hr

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will and i apreciated your help thanks.
kscoyote said:
ProCharger generally gives you a chip for the 42lb'ers.

Don't run the car with the SC attached and the stock injectors, your mixture will be lean, and you'll destroy the engine.

They have a good tech line. Give 'em a call.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
Rodstang01 said:
I will and i apreciated your help thanks.
Let us know what happened!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can i find a mass air sensor calibrated for 42lb injectors? Do need a computer ship or just the item?

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
Rodstang01 said:
Where can i find a mass air sensor calibrated for 42lb injectors? Do need a computer ship or just the item?
I don't think you need one, the chip should take care of it, unless the kit's changed. If you DO need one, ATI should have sent it.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
you may need a chip for them. You may want to contact procharger and ask them if they have an option. I would hate to tell you to miss match companies if procharger has a solution.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
http://www.procharger.com/systems.shtml#B

Complete Systems
Fuel-injected automotive and truck ProCharger Systems are generally 100% complete, with all the components needed for an attractive, OEM-quality installation. An exception is larger fuel injectors, as some systems exclude these, especially if larger fuel injectors are only needed for upgraded boost and power levels. All hardware is of the highest quality, and fuel-injected systems include a high-flow external fuel pump as standard equipment if necessary for proper fuel delivery. Carbureted systems are complete with the exception of the carburetor and fuel system, which depend upon an individual's specific motor and performance needs.

http://www.procharger.com/FORD/V6MustangUH.shtml

That looks like the stock MAF.

http://www.procharger.com/pdf/appGuide.pdf

and it says a chip is supplied in the 11psi kit, but on one of the kits you need a higher capacity fuel pump.

you need your part number and the tech dept.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ohh well they send me a Diablo sport computer ship but I don’t know if that one will help me to solve this problem.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
Rodstang01 said:
Ohh well they send me a Diablo sport computer ship but I don’t know if that one will help me to solve this problem.
it was already in the kit, or they're sending it now?

If it was already in the kit, it will absolutely solve the problem, though you should get a dyno tune, regardless.

It's easy enough to install, just don't get too rough with the contacts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put the comp **** once after i install the procharger but maybe i did it wrong and i took a look to the manual and there are some little thing a didnt do it with the comp ship. I will try to do so tomorrow and lets see how it goes. Thanks for your help Keep it up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I installed my procharger, I had major driveability issues too. No matter how good the tuners are, a mail order chip will not be exact for your car. I'd highly recommend a dyno tune so you know for sure that your car will be calibrated throughout the power band.

I wound up getting 42# injectors, a Pro-M Univer. Mass air meter and a dynotune, with 290 rear wheel horsepower........

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
Rodstang01 said:
I put the comp **** once after i install the procharger but maybe i did it wrong and i took a look to the manual and there are some little thing a didnt do it with the comp ship. I will try to do so tomorrow and lets see how it goes. Thanks for your help Keep it up.
Remember to disconnect the battery!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I hope I will have more than 290hp at the end of the story. I have the complete exhaust system and a venom 300 module ship…… But to be honest with I don’t care if has 290 hp or more the only thing I care right now is to install the injectors that came with the kit, it’s a waste if I don’t use them, and right now I have them in my garage listening to our conversation. So I will try to put the comp chip that came with the kit. But after I program I have to change the injectors right away or I can wait a couple of days, or simply program the ship one more time? Thanks

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
Rodstang01 said:
Well I hope I will have more than 290hp at the end of the story. I have the complete exhaust system and a venom 300 module ship…… But to be honest with I don’t care if has 290 hp or more the only thing I care right now is to install the injectors that came with the kit, it’s a waste if I don’t use them, and right now I have them in my garage listening to our conversation. So I will try to put the comp chip that came with the kit. But after I program I have to change the injectors right away or I can wait a couple of days, or simply program the ship one more time? Thanks
the venom chip isn't configured for your system, you need to use the diablo chip, with the SC program.

you HAVE to use the 42 lb injectors with the SC unit. Otherwise the engine will blow.

After you have everything installed, including the diablo chip, take it to a dyno shop.

Sell the Venom chip, because you don't need it anymore.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was reading the manual and the part regarding to computer ship says the comp is located in the passenger side of the car and I put it for the first time in the driver side. Do I have to connect the comp ship to the main computer of the car or there are other places where I can plug it in? What’s the exactly location of this device? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
Rodstang01 said:
But what the venom does is raise the rpm. Does this damage my engine?
it's not doing anything the diablo chip won't do.

Depends on how high you're raising hte redline.

On a stock engine, going over 5500 doesn't get you anything but an abused rotating assembly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.