Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1984 hatchback 5.0 carborated 5 speed. in the mornings...around 5 or so when i go to work, my vents will not blow air and my blinkers will not blink. in the afternoon after work the vents will blow air and blinkers work fine. just this morning two more didn't work...my cd player didn't power on and my fuel guage didn't go up and my fuel light came on. i'm pretty sure its just a wiring issue but i want to be sure because everyone i talk to has no clue why it would be doing this.

sidenote: i also been having problems with it dying if i take a turn to fast or do a quick u turn. any ideas?? i heard it could be the alternator or voltage. also heard it could be in my steering column. just trying to see if anyone else has had any of these problems. thanks!!

matt

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
For the not-powering-on-in-the-morning, that sounds like a problem behind the dash with the wiring.
For the dying in a turn, sounds like a fuel pump pick up problem. Centrifugal force causes the pump to get an interruption of fuel flow and it dies.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I doubt it would be the fuel pump. It's mounted on the side of the engine block. The problem would be fuel running away from the pick-up in the tank. I wonder if its not the contacts in the ignition switch losing connection in the steering column. On my car, the tabs that held the ignition switch halves together broke. I had it held together with zip ties for awhile and sometimes it would lose electrical contact. When I hit a bump or turned just right the gauges and radio would quit, but it never killed the ignition though. You might check out your ignition switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.