Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble installing the sct software from sctflash.com. Right before it installs it says someting about windows installer package. I'm not sure if its my computer or the download that is not working properly. Has anyone had the same problem?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I'm having trouble installing the sct software from sctflash.com. Right before it installs it says someting about windows installer package. I'm not sure if its my computer or the download that is not working properly. Has anyone had the same problem?
What exactly does it say.? Sounds like the normal install dialog box.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support or package vendor. I tried all the troubleshooting tips but cant figure it out. Just not sure if this has happened to others trying to install sct software of my computer is garbage. Its pretty new and i run vista so i dont know what the problem can be.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
It says Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support or package vendor. I tried all the troubleshooting tips but cant figure it out. Just not sure if this has happened to others trying to install sct software of my computer is garbage. Its pretty new and i run vista so i dont know what the problem can be.
Call SCT tech support.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I had to restart my computer and then the SCT yellow/red icon was on the desktop and everything has worked fine ever since. Try that.

Frank

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
are you running vista? i called SCT and they said it will not work on vista. to use it onXP

it works on my XP but not vista on my vista i get that same message...crappy vista

S

·
0 Posts
Vista ends up being the culprit in a lot of situations. Do you have another pc around with XP on it?

·
Banned
822 Posts
Just a Vista problem... I'm running XP on a separate drive on my MAC, and the SCT stuff is working fine.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I had to restart my computer and then the SCT yellow/red icon was on the desktop and everything has worked fine ever since. Try that.Frank
I have Vista and It did work. I had e-mailed to SCT Tech, got the same error messages, tried the same fixes. After I rebooted, everything started working. Maybe that is the way Vista works.

Frank

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Call SCT tech support.
+1, call them and get a tech on the phone. he will have you log onto a site and can take over your computer and fix everything fast. those guys are totaly into the computer end of the sct. i have the software on xp and vista.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok well i figured it out. I just logged in as a different user on my computer and somehow it worked. Also, I went to sctflash.com and was reading the FAQ's and one of the FAQ's was that error 1721 pops up and wont allow the installaton of the software. The sct website has a way around that in case anyone else has the same problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.