Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys cool board glad i found it. I recently installed BBK full length headers and an h pipe to my existing Magna Flow cat back .When my mechanic put in the headers he used the o2 extentenders on the headers set of o2 sensors... then told me i needed a second pair for the h pipe. So what was installed was extensions on both banks of o2 sensors and the MIL kit on the h pipe set. 10 mins outta the shop my check engine light came on . I checked with my super chips module and it came up with 153 and 133. Both were saying something was wrong with the o2 senors. I then had it checked with another machine and it read bank 1 sensor 1... which i was told refered to driver side o2 sensor. So i replaced the driver side header o2 sensor and same thing... any ideas ???

Is bank one driver side or passanger?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
MIL's are worthless piles of sh*t. Use your Superchips tuner to shut off the rear 02 sensors and this should solve your problem.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Monkey Boy said:
MIL's are worthless piles of sh*t. Use your Superchips tuner to shut off the rear 02 sensors and this should solve your problem.
Can u do that with superchips tuner? I don't see it anywhere in the manual.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So after replacing the extender on the header i found the light stayed on. I thought i would try puting the stock programing back into the car and since doing so the light has stayed off... i had it on the performance setting , does this make sense to anyone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.