Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car has been lowered for about 800 miles and I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this issue.

I have an eibach pro kit 1" front 1 1/2 " rear with upr upper and lower control arms with urethane bushing non-adjustable. There is no way to set pinion but I have never heard of it being an issue on cars still running factory upper and lowers.

Anyways when I get out on the highway starting at 60 and getting louder from there I'm getting a bad whine that sounds like it is coming from the differential. I never heard it before but never thought it was an issue either when lowering the car. It's driving me crazy and honestly sounds like the car is supercharged it can even be heard of my exhaust which has is straight piped.

Any ideas? Sounds like I'm going to have to take it to the dealer which I'm not looking forward to since the car is modified.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the same springs as you with an adjustable panhard bar and don't have the whine that you are talking about. Take it to the dealer and see what they say, can't hurt anything.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would call around to find a shop that has experiance with modified suspensions. If your dealer has a tech that knows this stuff great, but most have no clue when it comes to this type of things. A good 4 wheel shop that does truck lifts will be a good resorce also.
Mike

·
Registered
627 Posts
Who installed this stuff? Did you/they check pinion angle?

If you got an adjustable upper control arm you can put it back into factory spec.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who installed this stuff? Did you/they check pinion angle?

If you got an adjustable upper control arm you can put it back into factory spec.

The upper control arm is non adjustable I'm taking it into the dealer tomorrow. Hope I don't get the mod run around.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure yet ended up not taking it to the dealer. I'm going to take it to a local mustang shop and make sure it's not the pinion angle first. If that checks out then its off to the dealer.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Adjustable upper control arm fixed the problem. Come to find out the pinion was negative turns out if you replace the upper with a non adjustable and lower you may have issues.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I thought factory spec on the pinion angle was -3 (which will straighten out under load)?

Should of measured it before you dropped it to get an idea of where it was.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Slight scraping problem on lowered Mustang

Problems after lowering car? I have not had any strange drive line noises. I have the Steeda Sports. I've had a few scrapes here and there and get a little rub on my lower deflector backing out of my driveway if I am not careful. (34 sec at video).

I had a fan going in the garage and forgot to shut it off... it's been really hot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts