Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of finishing my engine rebuild, and I am kinda stuck. I need to know what vacuum lines go where, I have no idea since I did not remove them. I also need to know how to install my universal fuel regulator, it didnt come with any instructions. I also took out most of my smog pump stuff. Before I begin to put my new upper intake, throttle body, and TB adapter; are there any tricks or special information that I should know. I do not plan on putting my egr back on, so do I need some type of block off, or how can I do it with out having to wait for a part to be shipped. So far this rebuild has taken over a week, and I am really looking forward to getting it done this weekend. Does anyone know of any where I can get a diagram of the vacuum lines? Any tips, tricks, or advice will be appreciated!

Its a '95 GT with the Trickflow engine kit.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
The only things that need vacuum are the

1. EGR Valve to Vacuum Tree (thing on the firewall)
2. Brake Booster to Vacuum Tree (thing on the firewall)
3. PCV Valve (in the lower intake rear) to the back of the Upper intake
4.Fuel Pressure Regulator to back of the upper intake
5.Charcoal cannister (by the radiator on passenger side) to the front of the upper intake

There is one vacuum line that goes to the emission solenoids on the passenger side. There are like 4 different colored small plastic lines in that area. I am not that familiar with them as I have removed all emission equipment a LONG time ago.

G

·
Ok my new intake has 4 holes. My old intake has two holes. It does have some block offs. I am having the hardest time ever, although I'm sure it is simple and I'll feel like an idiot when I get it. The lower intake has a hard line, where does it go? The fule pressure regulator line is very short, not cut, where does it go? What goes to the lines on the 3 lines on the TB adapter. I think I got the rest of the instal, but these lines are killing me. I think it would be easier had I taken them off. I attached some pictures in hopes that it may give some better ideas, or make for easier explanation.

Here are the last 2.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Hoses...what hose...who the F&$^ said that?

Do you have a Chiltons Manual? I would assume match up the hoses you know you need like the previously mentioned, then get plugs for teh rest of the holes. When I ordered my manifold kit, it came with some, your should have as well. Not running EGR huh, do you not plan on passing emissions? Just curious if you found a way around it. I'm not going to run mine eiher, but I was told if I run antique plate I don't have to worry about it.

I'm sure your vacume lines would be a little different than mine, but I can scann the diagrams from my books and send them to you if you think it'll help any. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
My manual that I have is not offering any help with my problem. I am doing this blank since I didnt take the lines off. Emissions isnt a problem because they dont check it here. I wasnt planning on using the egr, but I ended up putting it on since I didnt have anything to cover the whole on the adapter. I just need some type of diagram or something.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I tried sending you the diagrams of what I have but it said you aren't set up to take emails. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send you whatn I have. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but every little bit helps when you're doing this blind folded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you have a Chiltons Manual? I would assume match up the hoses you know you need like the previously mentioned, then get plugs for teh rest of the holes. When I ordered my manifold kit, it came with some, your should have as well. Not running EGR huh, do you not plan on passing emissions? Just curious if you found a way around it. I'm not going to run mine eiher, but I was told if I run antique plate I don't have to worry about it.

I'm sure your vacume lines would be a little different than mine, but I can scann the diagrams from my books and send them to you if you think it'll help any. Good luck.
I am haveing same problem,could you send me diagrams ?

Jack

[email protected]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey im having the same exact problems too. Pretty much the same as the pictures shown. I have contacted trick flow a couple of times but no response. please help. If anyone has the diagram please send it to me too. my email is [email protected] thanks

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You guys don't have to have a diagram, I have the TFS intake and all you do is install the vacuum tree, and then use that. The large one at the back of the lower is the PCV valve, it can go on any port that'll accept the hose. The regulator is a hose coming from the passenger side of the firewall. The brake booster hose is another that will accept the size of hose. The others can go on the vacuum tree. I didn't even use the port that's in the last picture.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
you dont have to use all of the ports that it came with, like eagle said. just figure out how many vacum lines you have, which should be about 4 without egr and smog, and hook them up to the manifold.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ok, let me get this straight. On the manifold there are five holes. Four under and one on the side. There are three little hole and one big one. Is the big hole plugged, because I have a bag with a plug and thats the only place it will fit in. If not then in picture 6 any hose can connect to the holes? What hose connects to the side of the manifold?

·
Registered
34 Posts
basically what eagle is saying this isnt some fancy import, or like the rats nest on a twin turbo rx-7. If its a vacum line just connect it somewhere with the same size fitting on the intake. They will all pretty much draw the same vacuum. Just dont connect the egr spacer plate hoses to vacuum. I think the right side nipple on the egr plate connects to the heater coil hose feed, left side cant remember since i removed my egr plate. I believe the vacuum tree on the firewall also draws the same vacuum so you dont have to worry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.