Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. It's been a while since I have done any of my own work on my car, and it's a new car to me. I have a 95 GT 5.0. When I received it(in an even trade for my bike that I never rode) the temp gauge didn't work. I replaced the sending unit after doing some reviewing, which didn't help. I pulled the cluster apart and took the gauge out to find one of the tiny filaments had a bad solder connection. It's now fixed, problem solved.

Now to the new problem that this helped bring to my attention. The fan is not turning on when it needs to, or at all that I have seen/heard. I have replaced the coolant temp sensor as well. I tried turning the air on, which did nothing. The guy who I got the car from bypassed the air, so I don't honestly know if that makes a difference.

I have currently just direct wired a plug-in to the interior of my car and it works manually for me, but I'd like to get it back working the way it should if anyone can help point me in the right direction.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
i would check the constand control relay module or ccrm for short, my 95 5.0 had a no fire no fuel problem i did so research on it and found out the ccrm controls the fan, ac clutch, fuel pump, and ecm, all in one unit with each device controlled by separate relays. the ccrm is located between the coolant overflow jug and the radiator.
you can get a reman at your local autoparts dealer or simply replace the relay on the circuit board of the ccrm. the reman is around a 130 bucks sounds like your handy with a soldering iron so you should have no problem replacing the relay and will end up with a better product. You can do a search and find a systematic way of testing the ccrm. i attached a diagram of the ccrm good luck and enjoy your new pony

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts