Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a major leak from the driver side of my bbk lt headers. Its coming from the 2 cylinder back. I was wondering does the dip stick go in front or behind the headers.. because mines in between the headers and the head of the engine. Could this be my problem???

·
Registered
145 Posts
A pic would be real helpful!!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have a major leak from the driver side of my bbk lt headers. Its coming from the 2 cylinder back. I was wondering does the dip stick go in front or behind the headers.. because mines in between the headers and the head of the engine. Could this be my problem???
Yep! I'm pretty sure that is your problem.
You need to remove the dipstick tube and thread it between the front tubes and away from the block side of the header flange.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well i cant get a pic right now but picture this.. On the driver side of the engine you have your dip stick it looks like it goes in between the headers and the head of the block. but now i have to replace the dip stick because the header squished the dip stick tube so the dip stick wont come out now. and its leaking from that postion. So my question is does the dipstick need to be on the outside of the header (not inbetween the header and the block) or on the inside. (in between the header and the block.

(i have to replace the dip stick tube now ugh)

so like this

--------------(k)
------------ (c)
-----------(i)
---------( t)
------- (s)
Block (p) (h)
Block (i ) (e)
Block (d) (a)
-----------(d)
----------(e)
----------(r)

or
---------------(k)
--------------(c)
------------- (i)
------------(t)
-----------(s)
Block(H) (p)
block(e) (i)
block(a) (d)
------(d)
------(e)
------ (r)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep! I'm pretty sure that is your problem.
You need to remove the dipstick tube and thread it between the front tubes and away from the block side of the header flange.
Y the heck didnt they put that in the dang installation instructions..... UGH dang bbk cost me 20 for a new dip stick.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
No matter how they're mounted, they'll always have some sought of leak. BBK has always had fitment problems, with most of their products, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
398 Posts
No matter how they're mounted, they'll always have some sought of leak. BBK has always had fitment problems, with most of their products, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup
I must dis-agree. I've had BBK headers on both my Stangs and never had a problem of any kind. They fit well and sealed completely the first time I bolted them up. It seems, to me, that most of the problems are caused by the installers and not the products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.