Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have LED's all around my 2006 V6: Taillights, Driving Lights, Interior, Trunk, Taglights, the whole sha-bam.
Recently, I've noticed that my lights have been 'malfunctioning', per say. They've been randomly turning off while driving. Most of the issues are with the taillights and the taglight. They come back after I toggle the light switch on/off a couple of times. What's going on here? Please help.

On another note my drivers side window auto close isn't working anymore...
I feel like she's falling apart, its quite sad...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Sounds like your power windows need recalibrating, check your owners manual for instrutions.

And if you purchased general cheap led bulb replacements and not the good ones, crazy problems with leds not working correctly happens frequenly. The cheap leds dont have the proper resistance and after a while the computer notices and crazy things can happen.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And if you purchased general cheap led bulb replacements and not the good ones, crazy problems with leds not working correctly happens frequenly. The cheap leds dont have the proper resistance and after a while the computer notices and crazy things can happen.
They weren't cheap, the taillights are quite popular from americanmuscle.com, I don't get it, haha.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have got a lot of LED replacement lights on my car also. I didn't have a problem until they were all LEDs,(turn signals blinking fast thing)so I put back the regular bulbs only in the front turn signals,never a prob after.That told me it is watching load.and it is not the turn sig flasher,there is one for the 4 ways but the SJB dose the rest.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
i added resistors to my front LED's in the turn signals and it got rid of my issue. It makes the car think its got as much pull as a normal bulb but you get the brightness of the LEd w/o the rapid blinking!

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i added resistors to my front LED's in the turn signals and it got rid of my issue. It makes the car think its got as much pull as a normal bulb but you get the brightness of the LEd w/o the rapid blinking!
with these lights getting so popular, maybe you could share where you got them and how you did it. i dont have them, but even i would like to know more about this resistor fix :) maybe i`ll switch some out :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
and how do you calibrate the window my driver side window just stoped going up also after opening

mine is doing that too, i am curious as to what the problem is, i tried the hold them down for 3 secs and then up for another 3 secs, and it didnt worl at att. am thinking its something else maybe the little toggle switch inside o the pannels

·
Registered
22 Posts
i cant figure it out but it just started after i unhooked the bat for about an hour and left door open. i tried everything i can think of its driving me crazy

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would just take your pony to your local Ford dealer to check it out, mine just RANDOMLY started working again today! hahaha...
As far as where you can get the LED's from I found SD Mustang Accessories and got them from there... They're pricy yes, but at night they get PLENTY of attention

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
i cant figure it out but it just started after i unhooked the bat for about an hour and left door open. i tried everything i can think of its driving me crazy
To reset your window look in your manual at the fuse box in the engine bay (on the battery side) for the windows fuse, I think they are pink... pull it out and then push it back in lightly so its in contact but not all the way down. you will need to pull the fuse while the window is lowering, this will reset it. Put the fuse back in then you can then put the window up and hold for 3 sec and then hold down the switch until the window is all the way down and hold for an additional 3 sec. Problem fixed :bigthumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts