Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here it goes... I have an 06 GT. I changed both housing for the turn signals and the side markers to Smoke. While doing so I upgraded the regular lights to LED lights. The ones in the front turn signal (not actual turn signal/parking light bulb, small one next to it) worked for about a week and then would turn on for 10 seconds then shut off. So I asked the local parts store, and they said to add the load resistors. So I did that and that helped for a while. But then I had same problem with the others. I have red LEDs in the side markers now and a white LED in the license plate housing. Got all that? Here's where it gets screwy. I'll turn the parking lights on and sometimes the front and side markers will work, but the license plate won't and then opposite, the license plate will work but the sides and front ones go off... Are they all on the same circuit? Would I have to add load resistors to every socket? Maybe change a fuse somewhere?

Anyone with an idea please let me know. It'd be much appreciated. This has been going on for a summer now and it's quite annoying! I just want them all to work at once!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could I use those new LED no error lights? There's not much room to use resistors on side markers and the license plate lamp. Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem Solved!

So i used the new Error Free Canbus LED lights in my side markers and my license plate light and that seemed to do the trick!

They were about $12 a pair but the little LED lights have the load resistors built into them so there's no splicing required! They fit perfectly and seemed to complete the circuit. Now they all work and stay on at the same time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts