Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, has anyone else had any of the following problems? Let's see, My driver's outside door handle sticks open ( I was told this was fixed..NOT!!) The inside door panel doesn't meet the interior door handle. My window started making a strange creeking popping noise (This was fixed... took them 4 hours to figure out why.) the same drivers door interior handle has fallen off twice(where the power window controls are located.) The kick flap on the passangers side is bowed and lifting from both sides (told this was fixed also...Not!!!) They had to order another steering wheel, as the leather is seperating in two places. The drivers seat leather is also seperating. And last but not least, the trunk light keeps falling out of the bracket. I have no complaints on the performance, but am curious if I am alone out here in "the one employee that smoked crack at Ford put the drivers side of my car together.":happyhapp

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not having nearly as many problems as you, at least not yet. :)

The only problems I've had/am having are that the driver's side rear quarter window was leaking (actually looked like the glass was broken a bit on the inside part at the top where it seals), and now the pieces of plastic that come off of the dash and go around the door are starting to fall off where they meet with the back piece. Besides a couple of chips on my hood, everything else is fine, for now.

How long have you had yours?

jason

·
Registered
88 Posts
Having problems?????

I took delivery of my 05 GT on 6/21/05 after waiting since Jan. I now have about 1500 miles on it (I haven't driven it much because of knee surgery) and I am glad that I got a later production vehicle. Much of the problems on the earlier production mustangs have been taken care of at the factory. I do think that all of these mustangs were built quickly which may account for some of the problems with fit. I really can't complain about how my vehicle was built. Everything seems to fit as far as the interior with no water leaks either. I haven't even been back to the dealer once since I have had the vehicle. I thought I may have a problem with the gas tank filling but if you read the owners manual that is kind of a gas tank/gas pump compatibility problem. I would suggest that everyone read the owners manual several times through. I do trust that the dealership I bought my mustang from and I'm sure that if I do have problems that they will do their best to take care of me.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I feel really lucky...built late Oct 2004 and don't have any significant issues...front strut popping maybe once a month, a little rattle from the dash, and the gas filler problem (only at one gas station, and I don't go there often).

All the interior and exterior panels are aligned well, no weird mechanical noises...all in all, feels very solid and well-put together.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Haven't had one single issue with my beloved "Juanita"!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
grygosh said:
Just curious, has anyone else had any of the following problems? Let's see, My driver's outside door handle sticks open ( I was told this was fixed..NOT!!) The inside door panel doesn't meet the interior door handle. My window started making a strange creeking popping noise (This was fixed... took them 4 hours to figure out why.) the same drivers door interior handle has fallen off twice(where the power window controls are located.) The kick flap on the passangers side is bowed and lifting from both sides (told this was fixed also...Not!!!) They had to order another steering wheel, as the leather is seperating in two places. The drivers seat leather is also seperating. And last but not least, the trunk light keeps falling out of the bracket. I have no complaints on the performance, but am curious if I am alone out here in "the one employee that smoked crack at Ford put the drivers side of my car together.":happyhapp
Sounds like you got a lemon. No probs with mine, I'm still waiting for the ac clutch to fail.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Lets see, besides the gas tank and popping fixes the upper outside door molding was creased and torn, the driver seat seatback on the convertible won't return to it's upright position without help, the passenger seat belt won't fully retract, the brakes feel like sandpaper during the final 5 or 10 feet of stopping and one of the GT emblems fell off. Oh, and when I returned from an 8 day business trip both batteries were dead. But I do love these cars :eyepoppin I dropped one off at the dealer this morning to have the seat belt fixed and the charging system and brakes looked at. They had a sweet Screaming Yellow V6 vert with the Pony package on the lot $29.7K sticker.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Build date early december '04, no significant problem. The gas tank problem happened once and besides this, nothing else at all. Sometimes it really is only a matter of luck...

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had the problem with the door handles but that is all. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the door handle assembly on both doors, no problem.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Okay...everyone in the pool!!

redfire GT said:
Sorry to be off topic and I hate to sound silly but how do you know when your build was date???
I'm glad you jumped in there first :)

I was wondering the same thing. I just purchased mine...but I know the dealer has had it since at least June. It was the General Sales Manager's Demo and I found some paperwork in the glovebox with a June date on it. I guess he had termites or something.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Let's see here. Had the fuel tank issue. Fixed. Drivers door exterior window trim messed up. Fixed. Right side vert top trim dented (how do you dent plastic?). Fixed. Rattle in right rear quarter area around top mechanism. Fixed. Broken. Fixed (for now!). Rattle/squeak/groan near header. No clue as to fix. Um... that's it for now. None of the other little gremlins have reared thier ugly heads. (knock on wood). :wavey

·
Registered
122 Posts
Build Date?

For your Build Date, look at the very bottom of your window sticker. There are a series of small boxes titled; Vehicle ID (left side) dealer no, assembly point, method, one, two, and the long one on very right side (this label is afixed....) has a series of numbers and letters. The last 6 numbers are my GT's build date (12 06 04). Should be the same on yours.
Now you DID keep your window sticker didn't you?:happyhapp

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well... Paint defects... Struts.. and some rattling in the back at low RPM's so im thinking its the exhaust.... aoh yeah... the gas tank thing..but i still havnt fixed anyof that but the paint defects.. i dont want to be away from my baby! ha..is there an amount of time that you have to get this all done by?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have to say I spoke too soon about the mechanics.... my clutch is not feeling the same way it was yesterday.... A Lot more play...

I really LOVE this car....... but it's like having a toddler.. everyday is a new adventure. My 4 month old is really giving me grey hairs... hmmm Grey Ghost really fits it them huh?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My baby is only 4 months old. I have to say I haven't been able to leave her alone for long.. I hate to admit it, but I just hit 10,000 miles..... Ouch
archdandy111 said:
Not having nearly as many problems as you, at least not yet. :)

The only problems I've had/am having are that the driver's side rear quarter window was leaking (actually looked like the glass was broken a bit on the inside part at the top where it seals), and now the pieces of plastic that come off of the dash and go around the door are starting to fall off where they meet with the back piece. Besides a couple of chips on my hood, everything else is fine, for now.

How long have you had yours?

jason

·
Registered
8 Posts
mine had a vibration when taking off in first gear. They rebuilt the rear clutch packs but was not a fix. the problem was transmission mount was installed upside down from the factory. paint was chipping off the door due to dirt under the paint. rear bumper was falling away from the car slightly. driver seat would not recline from the side lever. dead battery ofter 1000 miles. still has gas tank probelm but waiting for the fix. Dealer fixed everything with out and questions. they are great. I will say this is the nicest and smoothest car I have ever had. Performance is great.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My only problem is trying not to drive like a madman in this car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts