Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bypassed the safety relay for the windows on My 89' 2.3L mustang convertible, and now the drivers side mirror constantly tries to raise up but the passenger cant be moved and i cant use the passenger side doors window control to lower the passenger side windows but the drivers side control works perfectly and can lower all the windows, and the strangest thing is when i click the window control lock the mirror stops, but the drivers side window control cant be used to lower the windows. I'm seriously scratching my head because i don't understand why this is happening, and its the last thing til my mustang is ready for daily use. i have searched to see if this has happened and i cant find anyone with this happening.

so all help will be considered and if I'm not clear i may put a video up to show what i mean.:?:

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
You need to have some fun. My guess the wiring from the door to the body is broken. There is several wires. I bet a bunch are broken. I had to take mine apart and splice in [solder and heat shrink NO Crimp splicers] to get mine to work.
Just take door panel and kick panel off. Do not trash the sheet of plastic. It keeps rainwater from ruining your inside door panel. Remove the harness and untape and it will be obvious. Now take new wire and cut close to the connection that was at the kickpanel and run about 18" or so and splice again. Remove the old wire. The old wire has been bent sop many times it will break again. That is reason for new. Just do one wire color at time and it is not hard just time consuming. Now isf still having problem on passenger side. You may have to do that side also. Maurice

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.