Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a guy was talking about doing this to his stang (the "gt-r" in my member kill stories post) .. he said that it's the best thing you can do, that you don't suffer any of the disadvantages that super/turbo charging result in... what is procharging and is he knowledgeable or no?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
procharge is a supercharger that runs through an intercooler and you can have from 5,7 or 11psi pulley on it. generally its good for about 55%-80% more HP then what you have right now. Im working on Procharging my car in the near future.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Only "Procharging" I know involves buying a Procharger supercharger and installing it.

What exactly did he tell you, cause it sounds like bs to me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
STONECOLD said:
Only "Procharging" I know involves buying a Procharger supercharger and installing it.

What exactly did he tell you, cause it sounds like bs to me.
he said he was gonna procharge his car, and i was like what's that .. because the way he used the word he didn't use it as the brand, he used it as you would super- or turbocharge. he said that it was better than turbo- and supercharging in that there were no disadvantages that they bring about.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
The guys babaling, he doesnt know what hes talking about. He read something some where but it appears that he didnt quite understand it.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Beyond said:
he said he was gonna procharge his car, and i was like what's that .. because the way he used the word he didn't use it as the brand, he used it as you would super- or turbocharge. he said that it was better than turbo- and supercharging in that there were no disadvantages that they bring about.
I think he's talking about detonation from excess heat in the charge resulting from compression. The ATI ProCharger comes with a pretty hefty intercooler, which allows it to run more boost, and better timing.

The GTR moniker is from a Nissan Skyline.

You're suffering "sticker shock!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.